Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trans tech recommendations Launceston area

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone know of a decent trans place in the Launceston area that I can have fit a Vette servo while my trans is out of the vehicle?

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
You could fit it yourself it is easy, plenty of video's on YouTube to show you how.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You could fit it yourself it is easy, plenty of video's on YouTube to show you how.

Yes and no, it needs to be shimmed and shimming is the tricky bit.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Found a trans bloke but he is not filling me with confidence but he is the only one I have had recommended. He talked about turning up the valve, for firmer shifts. I am not keen on that. I wish my usual bloke was taking on work. Hopefully I will still have 4th gear when this fella installs the servo.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Losh........... I reckon you need to move back to the mainland where parts and services are plentiful

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
I’ve got a bloke I trust with gear boxes and diffs but he is in Hobart I can pass his number on if that helps ?

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Found a trans bloke but he is not filling me with confidence but he is the only one I have had recommended. He talked about turning up the valve, for firmer shifts. I am not keen on that. I wish my usual bloke was taking on work. Hopefully I will still have 4th gear when this fella installs the servo.

Turning the adjustment on the (PCS) pressure control solenoid a 1/4 of a turn will increase shift firmness.

Servo also control's second gear.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Some clown messed with the solenoid on my ss. Made it an absolute pos to drive. I replaced the solenoid at the same time as fitting the shift kit and it became a dream to drive. Smooth shifts when cruising, but firm (not neckbreaking) shifts under power.

Do it properly or not at all imo. Messing with that solenoid changes line pressure across the board from idle. Some people like chirping tyres on every gear change. Mine would chirp at 1/4 throttle and traction control would come in all the time. Absolute joke of an idea. I threw that whole valvebody out and started fresh.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I won't be adjusting it, IMHO I think its a silly idea. My regular tech would not do this I am sure. I have smooth shifts because I have the boost valve upgrade and reamed valve body and soon Vette servo to help sharpen up 2nd.