Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transformation Thread - How have you changed?

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Haven't touched the weights or even exercised for about 2 months now. I blame change of job and shift change. lol
Was looking at a couple of progress photos today then looked in the mirror, All the work is now wasted. Time to start again.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Well after 2 bouts of flu weight crept on again. After assessing my fitness enough was enough; I decided I would pull out of all running races until I can be somewhat competitive again. Last Saturday 92.2. Today 90.9. Have run every day for last 5 days, injury has gone ok but had a little niggle after today's 10.2k effort. Until I get fitter I won't be going beyond this distance.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
PhotoGrid_1381305818387.jpg

Start of the month photo!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
I made the decision to be 'clean' for 2014 back a couple of days before Xmas. One final hurrah. As a result, last 10 days had been a blur of booze, junk food, tobacco. May sound strange but the aim was to get me just so incredibly sick of unhealthy lifestyle that I would want to leave it. So....we'll begin a 'clean and sober' 2014 with a sitrep....

Today 94.4, 24.9% BF. 90.2cm waist. These figures significantly bad......into the 'you are obese, do something about it' category.

The plan: No booze or tobacco and avoid junk food wherever reasonable and possible, and eat only to satisfy hunger, ideally according to a food pyramid. After injury I am rehabbing with 3x6-7km runs a week at a slow pace, crosstraining other days, as well as doing upper body weights and rehab exercises.
Aim: Lose one pound (454g) a week on average....for the entire year.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Today 92.2 (down 2.2kg), waist down half an inch. Been off the durries but cold turkey sent me mad so now onto the nicorette. Running going ok, am now down to 6:00-6:10/km pace over a 7km distance. However went and did something silly, volunteered myself to be the 60 minute pacer at the upcoming Orange Colour City Running festival for the 10km event.......7 weeks away.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Today 92.2 (down 2.2kg), waist down half an inch. Been off the durries but cold turkey sent me mad so now onto the nicorette. Running going ok, am now down to 6:00-6:10/km pace over a 7km distance. However went and did something silly, volunteered myself to be the 60 minute pacer at the upcoming Orange Colour City Running festival for the 10km event.......7 weeks away.

Ahh what I would give to be able to run again. Good work in the ciggies...it is bloody hard. I stopped for 3 months cold turkey, due to work, my own business etc I had to take them back up, was just so run down and needed the outage. I have since changed a few things at work and will no longer allow it to drain me, so now on 2-3 a day and will cease again next week.

I broke my legs and fractured my spine in a military training accident (yay team splat cats :p). Leaving the army saw my body still crave 6500-7500 calories a day as per our intake while training. Body got massive, 167.4kg. After years of university, trying to get to a position i wanted within a business etc things snapped. I felt sick with myself. I lost the first 37 kg over a 24 month period. Felt really good, decided to leave it at that. I naturally dropped back to 123 with no training just finally had controlled eating. Decided in August I wanted to get back into a sport I loved so much and did for so many years...Motocross. Since starting back up I am now almost back to military weight of 100kg (7 to go) and with the help of a local rider Lewis Woods am back training to start racing again in 6 months time. Sadly my ongoing leg issues means I cannot run and as such have to do circuits, cycle etc for my training. Body is feeling great. Since starting riding I have had maybe 8 beers, in the past month, none. My ultimate goal weight is 80kg, not sure my frame will allow it as my peak of fitness I was 102kg. Will post pics once I am comfortable with my new body again!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good going minux ;)

Well as update haven't lost any further weight. However last Saturday in warm conditions was able to do 10.2km in 6:15/km pace. Nonetheless I have now bowed out of pacing responsibilities, don't want to put too much pressure on myself, with my injury and all. I'll simply do with what my body is capable of doing. Injury seems to be on the mend, but doesn't give me the right to go all silly.

I am down for a Half Marathon in April (Canberra); I will need to negotiate with physio a training schedule to at least ensure I will finish it (PB is well out the window). Next it'll be the City2Surf. I have already entered in the charity category, as I did last year. Maybe I'll run with Tony Abbott again ;). On more serious note would like to break 80 min, just missed out last year. Depending on how things go with work/injury/fitness may have a crack at Canberra marathon next year.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyway to update, have now had 2 whole weeks without an eating binge, and it's really easy to see results. Lost 1.5kg over last week, now down to 90.5kg. Discovered a new stretch recently which is working wonders with injury. Physio has also strongly recommended I have a day off cardio every week; I have replaced one cardio session with some yoga (Les Mills Body Balance to be exact). Yesterday at runners club was my fastest time over our ubiquitous 2.92km course since re-injuring myself (14:58). Things looking up for once. At the local running festival I did the 10K in 58:21, easily beating my 60 min goal time. I then got all inspired from what I saw at the event and have decided to have yet another crack at the Sydney Marathon in September. So far in the event I have 3 DNS......

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
To update...now at 88.7kg, total drop this year of 5.7kg. BF% is now 21.1, down from 24.9. Lost 3.5cm off my waist.....

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Next update - 86kg, now running 70km a week. Doing a personalised training plan. $50 a month, worth every penny. Today did a half marathon distance effort in 1:55:39, or 5:29/km.