Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transformation Thread - How have you changed?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
PhotoGrid_1381305818387.jpg

Start of the month photo!

Been a while. A year actually.

I this year has been very hard on me. I was sick on and off with tonsillitis for about 3 months and my car dio plummeted.

I'm happy that my weight has been steady. I'm 10 kilo lighter than in that picture. But have started putting on lots of muscle. My legs are really starting to drop weight and gain muscle. As is my chest.

Im currently trying to tone up my arms. I just brought a tank top for summer training but theres a lot of loose skin left there sooo need to build some muscle there.

Any who have a current photo.

20141017_193056_zpstfwzltai.jpg

20141018_083001_zpsl2zywhzi.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Awesome work Grennan !

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
What inspired you to start training?

Finding out my "husband" has been lying, cheating, using me, playing me and generally not caring. Have always wanted to lose weight, used to ask him all the time to help me, and he never wanted to. Begged him for help, and again nothing. He knew i lacked ALOT of motivation and needed the constant kick up the bum and help with smaller portions of food, but again nothing lol. Now i have been single and going through so much crap, i have lost a shitload of weight, and plan on keeping it off.

What did you do to transform/change?

I honestly can't remember, the last 6 months have been such a blur, i got to a point where i almost did myself in twice, luckily there are cameras at work and they guys saw i was looking a bit suss and came out and grabbed me from the edge of level 10 (approx 57metres up in the air) and pulled me away. Took me awhile, but i started eating again, healthy this time, and much smaller meals, started walking up those stairs up to the top of the Units and back down again, every level i go to i try and do about 10 push ups to also work on my arms. Slow process at the moment, but i can see and feel myself "shaping" up a little more than i was :) Actually bought myself a bikini for the first time in many years, and must admit i look pretty bloody good in one :)

What are your future goals?

Staying to this regime and not slacking off, i NEED that kick up the bum, and luckily for me i have very good friends that like to help without expecting anything in return :)

Stats before and stats after your change?

Start 120kg Lowest 62kg Currently 80kg Height 6foot..

Still haven't hit the gym yet, as am finding things at work to help me with weights and stairs are always good :)

Will try and find some before pics, as i HATED having my photo taken before, love it now :)

Theone of me in the purple singlet is at my biggest, the one of me in white is where i'm at now :)

Attachments

• bigger2.jpg
    bigger2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 1653821_10152513273851990_7189390462195783037_n.jpg
    1653821_10152513273851990_7189390462195783037_n.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 420

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
^^^ great work , as soon as I find a before photo I'll post one up of my efforts , but have dropped over 8 years 30 kg which I'm wrapped about , it's been a slog at times , but nothing comes easy if it's worth having , and there is no price on personal well being .
The one on the left I'm at my heaviest 94ish KG, on the right 63 Kg , sorry for the angle of the fatty photo .

Attachments

• fatty.jpg
    fatty.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 386
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Congrats. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I've lost about 15kg since I got to my heaviest point post injury last year @ ~130kg. Looking to drop another 10kg this year and get a lot fitter. Hopefully find a new job this year also as what I do now is depressing but I can't change jobs until the missus is sorted as she's been informed her job will be dis-established mid year.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi all, just a little yarn about my work over the last few months. Had been going to the gym on and off for years now, pretty much just ####ing around. Over the last probably 5 months have been taking my nutrition and training seriously, gym 6 days a week religiously, stopped drinking so much, and using 'my fitness pal' to track everything I eat (most days) and here are some photos of my progress. Also zero cardio was done.

This is when I started tracking my food intake about 5 months ago. Following a IIFYM (if it fits your macros) approach.

G79zjb.jpg

These photos are taken in the last month, got down to 69kg from around 80kg. Am now sitting at 72kg in a lean bulking phase in a calorie surplus trying to put on some muscle, will do this for around 6 months then cut down again, and repeat.

If anyone wants any help with losing weight or 'my fitness pal' which I definately recommend, I'm happy to help. If you stick to the app tracking your food intake your guaranteed to lose weight, it's just science. Also sorry the photos are so big, couldn't figure out how to resize them.

O6KvaB.jpg

OjgOKG.jpg

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Been a while. Been injured for 4 months. Entered the Canberra Marathon (held today) and day one of my training program I tore my left-side Glute Medius. Today on the day of the event I do my first proper training run since the injury. The irony!

That and starting a new career and moving town has meant I have gained 13kg since June last year.

No more.

On Good Friday I was 97.3kg (BMI=31!). I have dropped 2kg since then. Took the advantages of School Holidays to start a new healthier lifestyle in a stress-free zone.
Did my first pain-free, continuous outdoors run since last December this morning, covering 5k in 32:10 (or, 6:26/km). Was very hard yakka, my fitness falling off a cliff!

Setting sights high I have already entered the City to Surf. I won't get a PB time by any imagination, but it at least gives me something to work towards. I'll be happy for now with a sub 85 minute time for the 14.13km trip.

I have set up a plan with MyFitnessPal to lose weight at rate of 0.75kg for the rest of the school year. Aim is to get to 70kg or so so I can have my best opportunity at getting an awesome marathon time next year.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Looking good Villn808 killing it! nice wheels man.

Gren good to see you're still keeping up, i took some before photos last night before my first training session in 4 months.

In the last 8 months I've had a knee reconstruction and a Congenital Lateral Abdominal wall tear repaired so have been out for a while, diet went out the window just got lazy and lethargic, everyone has their low points.

Time to get back in and kill it!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Been a while. Been injured for 4 months. Entered the Canberra Marathon (held today) and day one of my training program I tore my left-side Glute Medius. Today on the day of the event I do my first proper training run since the injury. The irony!

That and starting a new career and moving town has meant I have gained 13kg since June last year.

No more.

On Good Friday I was 97.3kg (BMI=31!). I have dropped 2kg since then. Took the advantages of School Holidays to start a new healthier lifestyle in a stress-free zone.
Did my first pain-free, continuous outdoors run since last December this morning, covering 5k in 32:10 (or, 6:26/km). Was very hard yakka, my fitness falling off a cliff!

Setting sights high I have already entered the City to Surf. I won't get a PB time by any imagination, but it at least gives me something to work towards. I'll be happy for now with a sub 85 minute time for the 14.13km trip.

I have set up a plan with MyFitnessPal to lose weight at rate of 0.75kg for the rest of the school year. Aim is to get to 70kg or so so I can have my best opportunity at getting an awesome marathon time next year.

Welll......just to update.

Since that post until the 26th February I managed to get all the way up to a peak of 105.5. Teaching was not good to me health wise. The stress triggered my depression and anxiety and I turned to food and booze. I resigned from teaching on 25th November. I was in a relationship but on 3rd January that ended. I got my last teaching pay cheque around Australia Day. I then went on Newstart for 3-4 weeks until I found another job (which, by the way,is awesome!)

So on 26th Feb, 4 days into my new job, I embarked on a major lifestyle change. I joined Weight Watchers online, this time to do their new program which is far stricter than the old program they had. Its basically a points system that reflects calorie counting, with the exception that saturated fat and sugar is REALLY heavily penalised. As a result, for the last 4.5 weeks I have hardly touched any junk food, stopped snacking and have cut right back on booze.

After failing to finish a 5k running event on the 28th February, I embarked on a couch to 5k program just to get me running again. After dropping 5-6kg quite quickly I was able to run without significant pain (had achilles and shin splint issues) after only a few weeks on the program.

So I am now down 6kg after a tick over a month. I am now running 5 times a week, albeit slowly for only 5-6km. I have gone down one pant size (from 40>38). Again, the plan is to get into low 70s. At only 33, I think I have a sub-4hr marathon in me :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Teaching? Stressful? LOL!

As for getting healthy, it's not herd to eat healthy and exercise. Don't spend your hard earned on bullshit systems.