Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transformation Thread - How have you changed?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Welll......just to update.

Since that post until the 26th February I managed to get all the way up to a peak of 105.5. Teaching was not good to me health wise. The stress triggered my depression and anxiety and I turned to food and booze. I resigned from teaching on 25th November. I was in a relationship but on 3rd January that ended. I got my last teaching pay cheque around Australia Day. I then went on Newstart for 3-4 weeks until I found another job (which, by the way,is awesome!)

So on 26th Feb, 4 days into my new job, I embarked on a major lifestyle change. I joined Weight Watchers online, this time to do their new program which is far stricter than the old program they had. Its basically a points system that reflects calorie counting, with the exception that saturated fat and sugar is REALLY heavily penalised. As a result, for the last 4.5 weeks I have hardly touched any junk food, stopped snacking and have cut right back on booze.

After failing to finish a 5k running event on the 28th February, I embarked on a couch to 5k program just to get me running again. After dropping 5-6kg quite quickly I was able to run without significant pain (had achilles and shin splint issues) after only a few weeks on the program.

So I am now down 6kg after a tick over a month. I am now running 5 times a week, albeit slowly for only 5-6km. I have gone down one pant size (from 40>38). Again, the plan is to get into low 70s. At only 33, I think I have a sub-4hr marathon in me :)

Good on you , keep it up

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Teaching? Stressful? LOL!

As for getting healthy, it's not herd to eat healthy and exercise. Don't spend your hard earned on bullshit systems.

If you doubt me about the teaching, try it for yourself. Absolutely not the career choice for stress-heads like myself. If you thrive on stress and dealing with arsehole teenagers all day, be my guest ;)

I decided to have a go at WW because I felt I needed the structure and personal accountability.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Unreasonable call there Raj. Everyone has different tolerances or triggers that can lead to stress in some and not others.

Are you totally stress free 100% of the time ? If so, congrats. If not, would you be happy with someone bagging you out ?

Coaching adults is bad enough. Teaching high school kids ? No thanks.

Nothing wrong with structure and someone holding you to account. No different to those that can train on their own and others that need a PT or group exercise program to keep them committed.

Good on you c3po and good luck.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you doubt me about the teaching, try it for yourself. Absolutely not the career choice for stress-heads like myself. If you thrive on stress and dealing with arsehole teenagers all day, be my guest ;)

I decided to have a go at WW because I felt I needed the structure and personal accountability.

I can relate to the stress head thing , partly why I run my skinny Saffa arse off , hit the weights , and still box regularly too , having a release is essential , keep up your efforts dude , it'll be worth it in the end . :beer chug:

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
After many years of stress related binge drinking/eating and thus being in a gain weight, lose a little, fall back into bad habits, re-gain weight, etc cycle and developing quiet a large belly decided to knuckle down and do a detox/diet plan...3 months on and have lost 12kg and now starting to tone up

Best thing is not craving the junk food or alcohol anymore (when I'm just cooking for myself at home staying virtually sugar free, if I go away on holidays or something sticking to the 80/20 rule of eating), in fact aside from the traditional champagne toast with the family at Christmas day lunch I've decided to stay sober until the new year and even then I don't think I'd go back to social drinking again in a hurry, maybe just a glass of wine or a beer dining out every so often

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
After many years of stress related binge drinking/eating and thus being in a gain weight, lose a little, fall back into bad habits, re-gain weight, etc cycle and developing quiet a large belly decided to knuckle down and do a detox/diet plan...3 months on and have lost 12kg and now starting to tone up

Best thing is not craving the junk food or alcohol anymore (when I'm just cooking for myself at home staying virtually sugar free, if I go away on holidays or something sticking to the 80/20 rule of eating), in fact aside from the traditional champagne toast with the family at Christmas day lunch I've decided to stay sober until the new year and even then I don't think I'd go back to social drinking again in a hurry, maybe just a glass of wine or a beer dining out every so often

good on you , just be mindful not to fall back into old habits , weight can have a habit of coming back hard and fast , particularly if you've lost a lot quickly .

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Thanks, currently nearing end of the maintainance phase so slowly re-introducing various foods one by one to see how I handle them nowadays, only had one day of gain after I was a bit heavy handed adding cheese into an omelette along with a yoghurt/skim milk smoothie on that same day so guessing too much dairy in one hit

Did a steak day next day and back to new 'base' weight so all good so far and when food shopping now I don't even bother going down the snack/junk food aisles

I'm away for two weeks end of next month which will probably be the first real test but staying in serviced apartment so I'll be able to do a lot of my own meals anyway

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Well I've found my motivation... Body building! I can handle 15 min of HIIT for my cardio a day, and then focus on pumping the iron. It starts next week! :D BRING IT ON!

My motivation is this before and after:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
One week in Raj, you sore yet ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!