Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission and economy?

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Had the fuel filter replaced today. They showed me the fuel that was getting through the filter. Once passed the fuel filter, the fluid was BLACK! and i mean practically MUD!!! And to think my poor baby was feeding on that for the past, who knows how long! Noticed an instant difference in power. Lol i suppose that's what you get though for not replacing the fuel filter for 219,000kms!!! Will update you guys to let you know how fuel economy goes. Still may get injectors done, as i think they're still not the best at the moment. Next post in this thread will include Litres/100kms before and after results for fuel filter and if i do get injectors done, will post before and after results for injector rebuild.

Cheers all,
Boojakz.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
boojak87 said:
Had the fuel filter replaced today. They showed me the fuel that was getting through the filter. Once passed the fuel filter, the fluid was BLACK! and i mean practically MUD!!! And to think my poor baby was feeding on that for the past, who knows how long! Noticed an instant difference in power. Lol i suppose that's what you get though for not replacing the fuel filter for 219,000kms!!! Will update you guys to let you know how fuel economy goes. Still may get injectors done, as i think they're still not the best at the moment. Next post in this thread will include Litres/100kms before and after results for fuel filter and if i do get injectors done, will post before and after results for injector rebuild.

Cheers all,
Boojakz.

Bet ya the injectors are dirty aswell, run optimax and some fuel injector cleaner (or get it serviced), drive on the highway and it should be clean.

Also changing the fuel filter is a piece of cake, you have to make sure to take note of the arrow (showing direction of flow).

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Been running optimax since 100,000kms approx and have run 2 bottles of injector cleaner through in the previous 10 tanks or so. Noticed an improvement there too. Now i'm just wanting to get them professionally rebuilt.

Cheers,
Boojakz.