Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission cooler lines

Matt Harper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
Hi All
Just wondered, the transmission lines on our VR ute, at the transmission end are stuffed or the flare fitting is (something like that) Can a barb type fittting go to the transmission and go full rubber hose to replace or should I be looking for the hard pipe to replace?

Cheers Matt

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I always prefer to use hard pipe around the exhaust. The hard pipe can be cut and joined with compression fittings available from Enzed or Pirtek.

Have had tranny fluid spray from an old split hose straight onto the exhaust after about 10 minutes driving, Lucky it didn't catch fire. My car had been sitting over 12 months in a crash shop yard who wanted to write it off and buy it back cheap. I had to take it to them as I was claiming on the other party's insurance.
Repairs were completed after getting my own insurance company involved which allowed choice of repairer.
Huge smoke clouds out the back of the car covering a 4 lane road. I stopped and lifted the bonnet, was able to cut and rejoin the hose back to the radiator before making it home. Lucky I used to carry a leatherman on my belt back then, got warned a few times and would most likely get arrested for it now.

Matt Harper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
Thanks. Does anyone know where I could buy the complete pipes online with the flare and everything?

I always prefer to use hard pipe around the exhaust. The hard pipe can be cut and joined with compression fittings available from Enzed or Pirtek.

Have had tranny fluid spray from an old split hose straight onto the exhaust after about 10 minutes driving, Lucky it didn't catch . My car had been sitting over 12 months in a crash shop yard who wanted to write it off and buy it back cheap. I had to take it to them as I was claiming on the other party's insurance.
Repairs were completed after getting my own insurance company involved which allowed choice of repairer.
Huge smoke clouds out the back of the car covering a 4 lane road. I stopped and lifted the bonnet, was able to cut and rejoin the hose back to the radiator before making it home. Lucky I used to carry a leatherman on my belt back then, got warned a few times and would most likely get arrested for it now.[/QUOT

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I have a mint set here in Adelaide for VR V6. They were swapped out when I did an ecotec conversion. I wouldn't want to post them and they are a bitch to change with the engine in the car. Exhaust and manifold, power steering pump to come off and I also took out the radiator and front bumper to feed them through.

What is wrong with yours ? Got any pictures ?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
So the pipe is cut by the nut or the flared end damaged? I'm sure a transmission place or Enzed would come out a and repair it, is it 5/16 or 3/8, You can fix it using a compression join to male thread.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Something like this but do the thread side first with sum thread seal before doing the pipe or u wont be able to tighten it up.
s-l300.jpg