Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission cooler on VF V6 MY14.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Me again,
When i return to Perth twice a year i hook up my Small camper and hit the road, usually punch out 5 K on my trips back.

I have purchased this Evoke in the last 12 months and have only done minimal KLM'S towing my Van. I have been using my other car which i have just dumped on this last trip back. This car had a transcooler fitted.

My van weighs in around 700 KG fully loaded and the Evoke tows it along peace of piss especially when cruise control is engaged.

My question is this, do you recommend i fit a transcooler or is the V6 auto tramission happy to pull 700 KG down the road. ?

The Evokes job is to pull that load and it will be doing around 5000 Klm on each road trip.

Thanks very much.

Transcooler is around 700 clams fitted by the way. Not a problem if i need to fit it but rather not spend that if not neccesary.

Dunno ?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
you don't need it for that weight, get an obd gauge like a scangauge so you can monitor the transmission fluid temperature.
the temperature should hang around 90c.
but if you want peace of mind then just get one fitted.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Thanks for that. Fitting a gauge will be a heap cheaper than fitting a cooler thats for sure.