Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission?!?!?!?? HELP URGANT

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
driving back from my gf's house, i slowly took off from the driveway then they car died, it was still running but the revs dropped and no matter how far my foot was down it wouldnt move, then it it kicked back in and started moving again then stalled. Flashing on the dash was the drivetrain light and the battery light.

I have a brand new battery and my volt meter was reading at 14v so i doubt thats the problem. I checked for codes by bridging pins 5/6 on the plug under the steering wheel and only got code 12 (everythings fine)

My guess is the transmission is slipping?? or is it something else going wrong. I need to know by tomorrow as i really need the car!!
thankyou in advance for any help

SlickVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Did you end up getting it fixed? I had the same problem, but it also made a really huge bang sound and stalled. It also kept jumping like I was braking on and off.
I've got a '98 VT Berlina.

memphis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT R8/VU SS
Check your fluid levels; had similar problems turned out the tranny had low oil level (didnt have the bang though)

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
i had that exact problem the other day, my engine oil was low, put the oil in and then no problems.

not sure if it will be the same for you, but just a heads up incase.

good luck.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
yeah i got this fixed i THINK, i put a bit more tranny fluid in as it was a bit low and it hasnt done it since