Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission issues?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
How you going guys.

The transmission in my VN Station Wagon is starting to get funny. Doesnt change gears nice and quick like it used to, its almost as if it comes out of gear, revs a little higher, then a second later drops into the correct gear.

Also, planting the foot down, the revs go up, but car doesnt get any faster for a few seconds, until it downshifts and flies.

Ive checked the oil and thats all good, What do you guys reckon i should do?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
id recommend a service its called flaring its like a slip in between gears meaning it dont lock up as fast

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I just found out about some "kick back cable" on the throttle body, and attempted to adjust it. I think it goes a little better, maybe i just cant adjust it properly?

Any ideas on how much a tranny service will set me back? I really hate pouring more money into this 18 year old car.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
just saw your post when refreshed rob, How would they fix this "flaring" issue? Id assume it would be fairly expensive?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
basically it means tighten the bands a touch and just a good service id recommend a stage 2 shift kit that means you changes will be alot tighter with no issues all adjusting the kick down will do is make it rev for longer in each gear but not tighten the gears change up i have mine set as if i had a power button on all the time it helps wile towing the race car

as for the price ive found 150 for a full service and band tension seems to be the norm in country vic