Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission oil coolers

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've never looked at a cooling kit before so I don't know what the instructions that come with them say, but I assume they would indicate the order in which the oil should flow.

High temps are not a problem in my area and as I said earlier, towing is only a box trailer occasionally. The temp gauge indicates just below mid scale at normal operating speeds, so engine coolant heat is not excessive in the heat exchanger. No idea about the transmission system being thermo controlled or not, because the Captiva workshop manual isn't available (unless your name is Boris and ends in "vik").

I'll follow my original plan to seek some advice about the condition of the trans and the state of the oil after 30k, and have a look at an oil cooler kit to see how they recommend installation. I haven't even tried to work out whether there is space in front of the radiator yet but I assume there should be. The Captiva has a pretty big snout.