Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission Slipping ?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe
Hey Guys

I Recently purchased a VY, And im trying to work out if the transmission is slipping.
When Traveling down the freeway 100-110, Just seems to be on the morning drive to work, Only does it once or twice but i get this what feels like a Miss, It just stutters for a slight second then continues fine.
The Trans Changes perfectly between 1,2,3,4 can barley even feel it at all. And put your foot down hard from a stop it takes off instantly no problems.
I Have just down a Major service, Plugs, Leads, Oil/Filter, Fuel Filter & Its still there
From what i have read a Transmission only slips on take off and when changing gears. So I think it might be something else.
Any Ideas Guys ? Coil Packs Maybe ?

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
It wouldnt be the coils your car wouldnt reach a speed of 110km,you might have a dud plug and did you do the service yourself?

Last edited:

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe
Yes did the Full service my self, Have replaced many fuel filters over the years, its on right, anyway did all this before i serviced it so i know its not a bad lead or plug etc.
Has not played up for the last 5 days, im sure it was maybe a blocked injector or just bad fuel since i have been running premium in it for since i got it & has finally cleared its self :)

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Good to hear that its going ok now must have been sludge on the injectors

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe
Yes the Trans is perfectly on the full mark when running & hot & In park. Was only serviced about 10k ago, all nice and red :)
Might run some injector cleaner through also, it was a city traffic kinda car, now its a freeway car so hopefully its helping it out to clear out crap