Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission Slipping ?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Guys

I Recently purchased a VY, And im trying to work out if the transmission is slipping.
When Traveling down the freeway 100-110, Just seems to be on the morning drive to work, Only does it once or twice but i get this what feels like a Miss, It just stutters for a slight second then continues fine.
The Trans Changes perfectly between 1,2,3,4 can barley even feel it at all. And put your foot down hard from a stop it takes off instantly no problems.
I Have just down a Major service, Plugs, Leads, Oil/Filter, Fuel Filter & Its still there
From what i have read a Transmission only slips on take off and when changing gears. So I think it might be something else.
Any Ideas Guys ? Coil Packs Maybe ?

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
It wouldnt be the coils your car wouldnt reach a speed of 110km,you might have a dud plug and did you do the service yourself?

Last edited:

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yes did the Full service my self, Have replaced many fuel filters over the years, its on right, anyway did all this before i serviced it so i know its not a bad lead or plug etc.
Has not played up for the last 5 days, im sure it was maybe a blocked injector or just bad fuel since i have been running premium in it for since i got it & has finally cleared its self :)

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Good to hear that its going ok now must have been sludge on the injectors

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yes the Trans is perfectly on the full mark when running & hot & In park. Was only serviced about 10k ago, all nice and red :)
Might run some injector cleaner through also, it was a city traffic kinda car, now its a freeway car so hopefully its helping it out to clear out crap