Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jeffroid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 6 & VF Motorsport
Hi,

I have just bought a 2005 WL Statesman 6 cylinder. The previous owner has told me it recently started playing up with the ESP turning itself off or activating at random times like activating the brakes and kicking down gears etc. then it would lock itself in top gear (not sure if 4th or 5th) when in forward, but no first, second, or third. It still operates normally in reverse, except it also displays ABS fault on the dash, and the strangest thing about it all is the reverse lights stay on when the ignition is on, regardless of what gear its in, and with that the reversing sensors are also active.
This vehicle looks like its had plenty of money spent on it, and I'm told its always had gremlins since new. I was hoping to find a wire fallen off the gear selector and shorting out, I've got the transmission pan off at the moment and cant really see anything out of place. I tried disconnecting the 6 pin plug to the gear selector (inside the transmission) expecting the reverse lights to go out, but they stay on.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram showing the reverse circuit, or a better idea of where or what to look at next?

Last edited by a moderator: