Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission Sump Pans

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Perhaps I should start a new thread about this, but as I have stuck my nose in here.................

No reply as yet about the Cross6 MK2 transmission from Holden, (another cupla weeks ?) so I phoned a local auto trans guru about servicing a MK2 box, which he had never heard of, and was told that he would be very surprised if the Cross6 wasn't the same as a Cross8, that being a 4L65E.
I intend getting it serviced, and he will be able to verify what it is when he sees it.
But as with all things lately, he is booked out with urgent repairs which have been COVID delayed, so it is a Wunday soon job, and I don't have any plans for travel anywhere.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Just received a reply from HCC....

"Thank you for contacting Holden Customer Care. Regarding your transmission model inquiry, we are not mechanically trained here at Holden Customer Care, our next advice would be to locate your nearest Holden dealer and contact them for such information. You can locate your nearest holden dealer via the links below:

holden.com.au/dealers
holden.co.nz/dealers

Kind Regards,
Holden Customer Care
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (AU) 1800-46-465-336/ (NZ) 0800-465-336"

So that reply indicates to me that Holden now are unable to answer an enquiry about the specifications of a vehicle. :mad:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Unable or simply unwilling? I'd suggest the latter, they simply don't care to put in a little extra effort and simply fudge you off to someone else.

Sad really.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Unable or simply unwilling?
That is what annoys me.
They either don't have the training to be able to refer the enquiry to somebody who can answer, or they don't have the nous to to think beyond their job description.
Be interesting if I get a reply from the local dealer, or if they refer me to HCC.

In my world of employment, if my answer to an enquiry was "Dunno" and then make a cup of coffee, ........... well .......... I think that most members here are old enough to know what happens next. :mad:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's the world we live in I think. Customer care/service isn't what it used to be.

Having said that, many moons ago I went to my local Holder dealer spare parts department to get some part for an older model car. In the end they brought up the spare parts manual online and I pointed out what I wanted. Some time after that I called up the same spare parts department and it took a long time to try and explain what I needed and then find out they no longer stock it. I think these days they have given up stocking spares parts for anything other than the last models.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Screenshot_20220426-231614_Samsung Internet.jpg

My 2002 vx ss 4l60e came standard with a deep pan

It holds about an extra 900ml

Craigs said the size is fine for my stalled and built 4l60e, although it does have a PWR trans cooler

It requires a deep pan filter

images.jpeg-24.jpg

Some OEM deep pans come with a drain plug (mine doesn't), from the googles they go for under $100, there is one currently on fleabay for about $70

Last edited: