Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission Troubles...

89vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve clubsport
Hi guys..
My 98 vs statesman has recently started this problem...

Whilst driving at 100kmh it jumps out of overdrive and into 3rd.? It will not go back into 4th or overdrive until i turn the key off and on? What could it be??

89vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve clubsport
The trans was just serviced.. Was doing this b4 the service tho.. And every time i check the codes i get 88? But i cant find a code 4 88?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id try doing the error code check again,theres definitely no error code 88,maybe you are counting them wrong.The first lot of flashes represents 10's,the second lot represent units or ones.For example,4 flashes followed by 5 flashes would be error code 45 and so on.Also remember that it will flash up code 12-(one flash,followed by 2 flashes) before any error codes are shown,it will also flash up code 12 again once its finished flashing up the error codes.If no error codes are set,it will continuously repeat flashing up code 12.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
As above posts, plus could the the TPS faulty, or the electrical connection to the transmission damaged/loose. Did you mention this at last service?

89vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve clubsport
Im thinking it could be the TPS? How hard are they to change?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
it's sits in the throttle body, just be carfull not to loose the spacer when pulling it out.