Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

transmission

myvq5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5ltr
hi there all , ok i got a problem with my transmission its slipping in second and third, i was wondering if i need to replace the tranny or if i can get it repaired.. the only thing is who is a good place to go to, to get it repaired i live in melbourne so if some1 could help me out i would really really appriciate it thanks:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: oh p.s how much would it cost roughly to get my tranny repaired and upgraded to a stage two shift kit ???

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
First Thing check the fluid level bro it might be that !!!!!!! and yeah ta fix a stuffed one ummm there all ripped bigtime man

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
the ideal solution is to get back in your time machine and check the fluid level 5-10,000 km ago :)

if i sound like a smart arse then don't worry i've made the same mistake...

myvq5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5ltr
smart

reall smart thanks m8.. but the fluid levels are all good?? i was thinking maybe the bands are worn??

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
its the clutches which go... thats why it slips, it may just be that you filter is blocked and its causing it to slip as it cannot build up pressure... or its your front clutch... they tend to go first.

Options:
** Get tranny service and hope for the best its just the filter ($130)
** Rebuild (Full rebuild, stregthn + stage II shifty $1900)
** Buy reco'd (Fitted $700)
** get a 5speed (+2k)

aZk.