Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transplant VS Wiring loom into a VR

DJ Frestyla

DJ Frestyla
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Belina, VR Calais 5.0L
Hi, i am about to transplant a ecotec v6, with Tranny out of a VS into my VR, does anyone know if the wiring looms are the same ? or do i take the whole lot aswell ??
thanks for any help

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
just just asked this in the vr/vs section....!! you need to use the VS engine loom with the VS ecotec motor.. you already know the rest as i just told you in your other thread!!!!

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
when you take the VR motor out, it will come out with the engine loom, unplug it at the ecu feed the plugs though the firewall, unplug it at the fuse box
and the whole loom will come out with the VR motor.. do the same with the VS motor, the VS loom will plug straight in to your fuse box and will plug in under the dash to.

DJ Frestyla

DJ Frestyla
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Belina, VR Calais 5.0L
sorry westbad, was just double checking, checked with a local mechanic today and he said same, so thats my plan, again thanks heaps

tt turbo vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh 5lt turbo and vs 5lt commodore
im doing this project at the moment

its alot of work the bcm (body controle modual) will need to be changed to a vs BCM and the key head will need to be changed the bcm is matched to ur key head. the data wire (red wire black trace) will need to be moved from pin 19 to 20 i think im still yet to conferm this im still trying to find vs wiring diagram for the vs bcm i got the vr one tho the wires will need to be changed in the plugs to sute the vs bcm. the plugs that hook ur engine to ur dash loom is in a diffrent spot vs the plugs are behind the brake booster and on the vr near the battery. the echotech loom will reach to the plugs near the battery one plug will fit one wont graft a vs plug onto the vr loom couler match the wires. you will be left with one pink wire it gos to the ecu pin (E9) it just gos to an 12v ingniton. just piggy back off the pink wire on the EFI relay use an inline fuse. im doing this conversion at the moment not finished yet i hop this saves you some headakes. there is a chance the dash loom might have to be changed im trying to work around this. this it a vr bcm (pinout)
7738d1130477164-vr-body-control-vsmbcm.jpg

shanemichael

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vp calaic
im doing this project at the moment

its alot of work the bcm (body controle modual) will need to be changed to a vs BCM and the key head will need to be changed the bcm is matched to ur key head. the data wire (red wire black trace) will need to be moved from pin 19 to 20 i think im still yet to conferm this im still trying to find vs wiring diagram for the vs bcm i got the vr one tho the wires will need to be changed in the plugs to sute the vs bcm. the plugs that hook ur engine to ur dash loom is in a diffrent spot vs the plugs are behind the brake booster and on the vr near the battery. the echotech loom will reach to the plugs near the battery one plug will fit one wont graft a vs plug onto the vr loom couler match the wires. you will be left with one pink wire it gos to the ecu pin (E9) it just gos to an 12v ingniton. just piggy back off the pink wire on the EFI relay use an inline fuse. im doing this conversion at the moment not finished yet i hop this saves you some headakes. there is a chance the dash loom might have to be changed im trying to work around this. this it a vr bcm (pinout)
7738d1130477164-vr-body-control-vsmbcm.jpg

I know it's a bit old but how did you get on with this conversation. Info like this is hard to come by