Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transplant woes

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Ok. You're officially a legend. Swapped bcm and ecu over. Swapped keyhead over. Hit the unlock button and immobiliser beeped. Cranked first go.

hutch892

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH V8 Statesman, VXII S, VT SC Berlina
Yes, it's the ecu and bcm that are linked. If you have the matching pair and key head it should be all good. There's no linking of keys with bcm's involved, don't know what VX Exec is saying, they will already be programmed to that bcm, and as far as I know is a one off thing and cannot be reprogrammed to a different bcm. If it worked with the other ecu/bcm combination it could have simply been that something with the original ones was faulty or as lout said, it was the equivalent to disconnecting the battery.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah. I'm thinking that it was either faulty or that the battery in the key head had died. But then that doesn't explain the not starting because it should read the key when it's turned. The key head wouldn't lock/unlock the doors which is why I swapped to the other bcm and ecu. I'm just glad it's starting first go. First enginswap I've done so pretty wrapped that it's working. To bad it was to late in the day to get the teams fluid I need. Didn't realise how much it had lost being dropped out and put back in. Went to drive it around to the tap to fill the radiator (needs a flush after the head blew on the old engine) and it wouldn't engage any gears. Lol. Face palm moment.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
:spot on: Good effort. Right result. Got to applaud that.

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
curious if you can desolder and resolder a replacement battery in the keyheads? ive got 2, one is ok, the other is obviously flat, lol... i know the batteries are soldered in, anyone done this before?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
colour, dont jack my thread lol.

So.... finally got it running. took it for a turn and burn up up the road and back while data logging on tunerpro RT. Got some codes. Hoping to get some help figuring them out. Theyre as follows:
DTC 36 - Vac Leak. (Ok ive forgotten a hose somewhere lol)
DTC 42 - IGN Bypass circuit (has an after-market immobilizer installed????)
DTC 67 - TCC En QDM2/Solenoid failure
DTC 83 - TCC Solenoid failure
DTC 86 - Shift Solenoid B Stuck on
DTC 87 - Shift Solenoid B stuck off (Dafuq are the last 2 about)
and last but not least, low fan comms failure (to be expected when diagnosing.)
So the trans codes have me a little confused. Could these have come from the trans being low on fluid when i initially started it? or is this just a plug that ive forgotten. Just got the bastard back in, dont want to be pulling it apart again.

Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated. not used to the VX, main one i know about is the VR and VY.

Also, to reset the codes, is it the same as the VR, as in disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
nope. BCM is from another auto (the very same car the motor came out of, same as the ecu)

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Could be wrong but if a shift solenoid is playing up it might not let the TCC lock up properly , did it feel it was shifting in all gears on your maiden flight
disconnect the battery for 1/2 hr and check codes are cleared then Go for a spin round the hood and see if they reappear ,
Pretty sure Shift solenoids can be changed when pan is dropped without removing box

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
maybe i can pull the selonoids from the spare trans that i have lying in the shed from the donor car