Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transport for VF SS Commodore

Lowndes888

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Commodore
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking at transporting a VF SS Commodore from Brisbane to Melbourne.
I have had a few quotes but they seem to get more expensive once I give the ride height of 110mm.
Firstly, is that the correct ride height of a VF SS with standard factory suspension and second, can anyone recommend a reputable car transport company?
:)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking at transporting a VF SS Commodore from Brisbane to Melbourne.
I have had a few quotes but they seem to get more expensive once I give the ride height of 110mm.
Firstly, is that the correct ride height of a VF SS with standard factory suspension and second, can anyone recommend a reputable car transport company?
:)
Avoid Patricks at all cost. I ended up getting a full refund of the freight cost for my Motorsport, due to how they treated it.

Lowndes888

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Commodore
Thanks very much. I have heard good things about CEVA so will probably go with them.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OP CEVA is cheap and bulk. No valuables in your car, no liability for anything, including taking it for a spin or when will be delivered where exactly. Look into it more. Also apart from classed as a lowere car is near 5m long.
You want a carrier that has sides going that distance, stone chips and crap claiming your or their insurance is just not worth it.
323ACDE3-17B9-435B-AC67-79900815B273.jpeg

This bloke is a pro, does show cars and is an enthusiast. Totally recommend, similar price.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
16 years ago I had my car trucked up the coast and ended up with an oil stain on my roof. They paid $1k for a respray but it was a hassle. I drove it back.

So, i’d Suggest you have your SS placed on the ‘top shelf’ if that’s an option so no ones leaky car can pee on your pride and joy.

Alternatively, you could take the time to drive down along the coast just watch out for roo’s at dawn and dusk :eek:

Lowndes888

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Commodore
OP CEVA is cheap and bulk. No valuables in your car, no liability for anything, including taking it for a spin or when will be delivered where exactly. Look into it more. Also apart from classed as a lowere car is near 5m long.
You want a carrier that has sides going that distance, stone chips and crap claiming your or their insurance is just not worth it.
View attachment 198232
This bloke is a pro, does show cars and is an enthusiast. Totally recommend, similar price.

Thanks very much for that, that is good to know. I will give them a call.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
I used patricks a few years back to ship a car from Adelaide to townsville.. never using them again. Ended up on a truck, then a train then a truck.. sat in a yard for a while then back on another truck.. also put two identical dents in both front guards.. guessing they strapped it in an odd way

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just found the paperwork from all those years ago where i used Autotrans to truck my vehicle up the coast.
The roof paint stain took 6 contacts to resolve which was not a fun...

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Drive it.....