Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trap speed feature

xcopr

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega xcop car
hey guys what is the trap speed feature do what is it used and what happens when u trap it 07 ve

Jessika

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
Is your car the same as the G8? 6L80e?

On my car, when I am at the track, I have it in sport mode and when it get close to the top of 3rd gear I slap the shifter down and to manual and it holds 3rd gear through the speed trap.

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
I'm not sure about on the VE; but on the VY with the trip computer programmed to police mode (i.e digital speed display) the trap speed function would simply freeze the digital display at the speed the vehicle was traveling at when the button was pushed.

xcopr

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega xcop car
I'm not sure about on the VE; but on the VY with the trip computer programmed to police mode (i.e digital speed display) the trap speed function would simply freeze the digital display at the speed the vehicle was traveling at when the button was pushed.
yeh mines a x pig and thats what it does but its seens useless what is it for

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
that's all it's for, so the cop could sit on your ass, trap the speed and write out a ticket...... can't see why else it would be used...(not sure if the law has accepted that method in many years)

xcopr

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega xcop car
that's all it's for, so the cop could sit on your ass, trap the speed and write out a ticket...... can't see why else it would be used...(not sure if the law has accepted that method in many years)
but it the doesnt lock the speed ur going wen pressed only saves the speed on tacho

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
but it the doesnt lock the speed ur going wen pressed only saves the speed on tacho

because thats what cruise control is for. what the trap speed feature is for is written above. Have a little read

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
I use it all the time if I'm doing a speeder that way and can show the driver what speed I trapped them at if they want to dispute me. I had the same thing in the VY I had before with "police" enabled and in the work cars (VE Omega). It doesn't work in my new one (VE Berlina) because the enter button (knob pressed in) changes the CD in the stacker.

xcopr

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega xcop car
I use it all the time if I'm doing a speeder that way and can show the driver what speed I trapped them at if they want to dispute me. I had the same thing in the VY I had before with "police" enabled and in the work cars (VE Omega). It doesn't work in my new one (VE Berlina) because the enter button (knob pressed in) changes the CD in the stacker.
thanx for the info