Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trashed Cars

stumps5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
When looking in the papers or listening to people talk about cars there is always the worry that a car has been "thrashed". I started this thread to get a general idea of what people considered "thrashed".

Personally, i consider a car that is over revved when cold, excessively driven past three quater throttle, never serviced and continuing driving with faulty or broken components. + Burnouts around every corner

However a car that is occasionally used for "legal burnouts" maybe one sunday a month or less. Has regular services, and any sign of a fault is quickly attended to and driving past 3000rpm is kept to a minimum. is not.

The ideal situation however is a car driven how the road rules stipulate commonly refered to as "female owner" in our respective trading posts.

What constitutes a thrashed car.... your thoughts.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
thrashed i'd say is anything that goes beyond normal tolerances of the car on a daily basis.. they can do the ocassional skid, they can speed, hell an open throttle will clean out the splutters most of the time.

when thinking about thrashed servicing doesn't even come into it for me.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
i like the ads that say. "new rear tyres" makes ya think.... i went around and looked at a VL that this chook was tryin to palm off she tries sayin it was hers . but i kinda think it was hers sons/daughters coz it had a killer stereo, with amps and 2x 12 inch subs, 18s, sports exhaust, extractors and P plates in the glove box.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
any car I've had

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
is that the same woman owner who was selling a car on ebay with a monster tacho?

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Well my car was "thrashed" b4 I got it. The rear tyres were bald from burnouts and the car has been impounded as a hoon car b4 I got it, but it has a reco engine, gearbox and diff and I have all receipts for recos and services (12000 total) so I am happy with my purchase. Car runs smooth as, cant fault it mechanically. Only thing wrong with it is the usual clear coat peel on the roof.