Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traveling Oldschool Style.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Thanks all :D

This is all great info to think about :)

I just had an expertise say on her a few hours ago, and shes all good ! :D

systems check 4 sure cane it :thumbsup:

Thanks again, i might have some vid footage after the trip.. :whistling

turkey nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i once drove from perth to margret river (bout 600 kms) in my beut LX torana with a 202 red in the front. She dint even come close to missing a beat.:w00t:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Hey, im doing a service before i go, i found dot 4 moblie hydralic brake fluid in my garage, can i use this? my book says dot 3.. My fluid is green, this dot4 stuff is blue.

Doesnt matter overall, ill just go and get more fluid in the morning if i have to :)

I havent had to touch my brakes much, so i havent asked before :D

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Hey, im doing a service before i go, i found dot 4 moblie hydralic brake fluid in my garage, can i use this? my book says dot 3.. My fluid is green, this dot4 stuff is blue.

Doesnt matter overall, ill just go and get more fluid in the morning if i have to :)

I havent had to touch my brakes much, so i havent asked before :D

Yes! DOT 4 is perfect! Back in the old days was dot 3 but the replacement is dot 4. There is no problem using it but if it's more than 5 years old, throw it in the bin & go down to Woolies and get a fresh lot of Castrol dot 4 :thumbsup:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Cheers Slim :drink:

Would it be a good idea to remove all the old fluid out, as much as i can? before refill? or just top up?

I don't know how old this current fluid is in the car, but it still does the job.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Just top it up. Technically it should be flushed every 40 or so K. It isn't hard to do.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Thanks again mate :thumbsup:

I have in mind i can do over 300k per tank, we will see :thumbsup: i get atleast 60 -70 - 80 k off 10 dollars depending on speed and traffic..

turkey nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yeh thats right.. dot 4 is a better product that dot 3.. soo it doesnt hurt at all.. the reason it is green, well that is a good indication ur fluid is F*** and u need to flush the whole system.. if you do u MUST bleed the brakes, easy procedure takes 5 minutes... but bak to the topic all brake fluid is originally sky blue... if u want to test it what u can do is get a bit out with an eye drop and put it on a pan and see what temp it boils..

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
I can't believe that people are suggesting to drive at night rather than the day.

want some reasons why it isn't a good idea?

kangaroos.jpg

brahman_diamonda.jpg

wombat.jpg