Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Trayners VZ S One Tonner

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
looks pretty damn good tray

if i was going to do anything to it (and i had 2 days free time) id get my air compressor and spray gun, prep the tray (light scotch and quick prime) and go to local automotive spray paint shop and buy hammer tone paint (as close to tool boxes colour as possible) and spray the whole tray. the white tray looks a bit weird and scratchs and rust patches will always show clear as day against the white.

i actually did the above to my mates work trailer. he had a big boxed enclosed trailer 1 door on the rear and 2 massive doors on either side. trailer was made to carry 8 doors thru the middle and all tools on the sides.

he was always complaining saying it looked crap and he wants a new trailer yada yada. i said nah, we'll give it a make over. spent 3 days on it starting friday night giving it a quick buzz, prepin it up and then giving it a lick. and he got stickers fitted on monday with his business name and he absolutely loved the end result. and it last him another 5 years before he upgraded to another trailer.

And take pictures, cause it sounds mint!

I was actually talking about this with my brother the other day , saying I should paint the tray the same colour as the toolboxes (charcoal) . Its not too bad as trays are concerned , non in the actual bed of the tray , only in the corners of the side flaps . and its only small surface rust

Gee...a white one tonner...copycat much :p

Looks good hombre.

Haha we can have a white one tonner chaddy meet up

yeah his isnt ready for the tip though...

Sif they'd take mine at the tip.

They'd send me next door to sims metal...

Shoots fired lol hahah

Hate to be that guy but this thing needs a exhaust badly ,sounds like a diesel the way the rear muffler is . Hoping to get one with 2 muffs on it so it wont sound too p plater mangtec hero , just a more "friendlier" note to it .
Also pretty much decided on what headunit/speaker combo I want for this too

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Also pretty much decided on what headunit/speaker combo I want for this too

This is one thing I can't decide on. I like the idea of keeping the headunit stock, never seen an aftermarket one that fits the dash. Speaker upgrade might be on the crds though, after some sound deadening for the doors.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
LS Conversion.
shhh you , I already has ls ute

This is one thing I can't decide on. I like the idea of keeping the headunit stock, never seen an aftermarket one that fits the dash. Speaker upgrade might be on the crds though, after some sound deadening for the doors.

yeah so do I but after market ones have so much more to give , better tuning , blutooth , handsfree , plug your ipod etc in and use the stock steering wheel controls , use it as a reversing camera .

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea lot of pros. If only one matched a bit. Will make my ASR job smaller too

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Did an oil change on this today , oil filter was really clean no sludge on it when I removed it . So looks like its a really clean engine with minimum sludge etc.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
shhh you , I already has ls ute

yeah so do I but after market ones have so much more to give , better tuning , blutooth , handsfree , plug your ipod etc in and use the stock steering wheel controls , use it as a reversing camera .

1 con. Cluster integration. So much easier to just quickly look down when you are changing stations or volume.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
1 con. Cluster integration. So much easier to just quickly look down when you are changing stations or volume.

Good point. I do like that feature.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy

Good point. I do like that feature.

Yeah true , pretty much going for a multimedia headunit to plug in a reversing camera , the tool boxes block alot of the rear tray and its a bit hard to see reversing out of the left and right sides . Straight back is easy but in a car park you cant see if a car is coming or not till your out of the car spot .

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
'I want a daily'.......
Nice rig man , Did you lower the rear with blocks or reset leafs ? thinking of lowering mine just a tad ./