Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Trayners VZ S One Tonner

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Tonner is longer wheel base, the same as the crewman actually. But you could be right about splitting the shaft. Something for me to look into.

Yeah I think the tonner shaft is the same length as a crewman since the bodys lengh and diff location is the same

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
New headunit and speakers
Got the Kenwood ddx5015bt Normally $550ish was on sale at supercheap for $400 then they had an extra bonus code on the online shopping so saved another 20% I think so got it for $315.
Really good headunit for the price , has blutooth , dvd player , ipod , etc can even mirror your phone on the screen.
Just need to buy the reverse camera for it now
20151116_154004.jpg

And upgraded the stock speakers too some Morel speakers , sound pretty good and punchy . will add a amp later on down the track

20151119_164452.jpg

Also My Stealth controller came in the mail , was ment for the black ute but since its out of action fitted it up to this and it works pretty good , revs alot faster now and "overrides" the lag that the electronic throttle has built in

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
I was reading about those stealth units, I honestly haven't noticed any lag... Really notice a difference?

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I was reading about those stealth units, I honestly haven't noticed any lag... Really notice a difference?

having owned a vy ss and a vz ss the throttle lag is there , cable is almost instant when you put your foot down , then in the vz your foot down and theres a 1 sec delay or so then it goes . This stealth unit also changes how much you have to push your foot down , only a slight tap of the accelerator will will rev faster

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Gotta amp those Morel splits, one of the best brands. I had them in my ute amped, were amazing.

yeah looking at getting a 4 channel , so I can run the speakers and if I want to later on pull the sub out of the other ute and bung it in here

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Was randomly looking under the car and looked and she has a 3.46:1 LSD , Mint!

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Not mine, its only a 2.89 :( Wanna swap? :p

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Factory Manual utes usually have a 3.46 LSD :p

Sorta , was an optional extra . Most vz 6 speeds got the 2.89

Not mine, its only a 2.89 :( Wanna swap? :p

if you want to run leaf and ill run Irs suspension haha :p

It was weird because I sorta thought something was a little off with the revs sitting at like 2k when doing 100 in 6th , Always thought it would be lower . And also how fast it gets up and going in first gear.
Ahwell it was a nice surprise to find