Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trevor's Disco

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Nice landrover.

The 5cyl engine in these are orsome. Same block as the Audi Quattro which they make 4 figure power levels in them over in Scandinavia.

They are pretty receptive to be powered up. Change the exhaust and upgrade the Intercooler, add boost and tweet the diesel pump and they can make much more power than factory. You will have a hint of Lamborghini v10 in the exhaust note also which is kinda cool.

Not many power them up as most Land Rover owners are more into discussing how many different shades of green you can paint things.

On the subject of tyres I put a set of Hankook Dynapro MT on my disco 3 a few months back and they are very good for road use. Work nice on wet bitumen and are reasonably quiet.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Another weekend out 4BY, All went well however I noticed I had snapped a spring when I got home.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Been a while but figured I'd update.

Not much to update, apart from the Disco is starting to be decommissioned. Getting rid of roof basket and some stuff, Taking off a few bits that I intend to move to the new 4X4 when I get it.

Still using the Disco as a weekend hack. Had some fun out Lithgow last weekend.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
HQ VC VZ
Whats coming next then trev?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Was this the run with the series Land Rover and the Defender? I saw a video of it that Evo Ato put up, that series just crawled up it. There was an 80 series there too, I don't know what it is with the 80's that they have to hit everything at 1000 mph haha.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Was this the run with the series Land Rover and the Defender? I saw a video of it that Evo Ato put up, that series just crawled up it. There was an 80 series there too, I don't know what it is with the 80's that they have to hit everything at 1000 mph haha.
Nah Evo hasnt put up any vids from this run yet.

Likely be getting a Discovery 4 next, Will still be taking it offroad so sliders, front rear barwork etc. But nicer as a daily.