Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trial Holden colour, premium price..

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Not liking the colour, but like the store in the background

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
More of a Barina colour!!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Bloke is telling porky pies...it is a car salesman remember haha

If there is a test colour or custom order they'll still run a batch of 10 cars or so down line.If colour is actually a 'one-off' probably get subcontracted out so moot point again & likely car originally another colour on tags.

May be low number colour this year but will be everywhere next year if trendy.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Pretty disgusting looking colour, maybe it's the photograph. Keep in mind it's rare right now (I'm also 99% sure I saw photos of that colour in test form on a few VF series 1s) but if they add it to the range for next year they'll be plentiful and probably more prone to discount if the reception here is any indication of its desirability. Dealer just being a dealer. If it's not the special colour they'll play the "get the last Commodore while you can" line. Tell him he's dreamin'.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
The salesman must have some balls, because that's a colour where you'd have trouble selling, as it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I'd be paying less because of the colour, not more

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just because a colour isn't widely popular doesn't mean someone specifically looking for it won't pay a bit more.
We didn't let-on to the dealer until we were picking our car up that he had the last new Regal Peacock Redline wagon in the eastern states, but we would've paid a bit more for one in that particular colour. And it's not a popular colour.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Had a SV6 in that colour as a loan car from Holden.
That was over a year ago nad it was a series one SV6
We had it for a week. Hated it.
Causes plenty of attention but more looks of disgust than approval.
Everyone looks at it as it drives by.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There are people who value being noticed as the main thing, they don't care why they get noticed or whether the people noticing them think they're morons.
Lookit a whole bunch of fashion choices people make, from Bankstown penis-head haircuts to 21" chrome wheels ...

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
Hi Marco - it is for sale here: Used 2016 Holden Commodore VF II MY16 SS V Redline Regal Peacock 6 Speed Manual Sedan - Col Crawford Holden Demos, Brookvale

I didn't post that link initially as I was concerned I may have been seen to be the dealer himself and didn't want to break any forum rules or get booted off the site. It's by no means metallic, a very flat green which only a mother would love.

The Dealer gave me the usual BS, then I told him I wanted Prussian Steel and he said too late for that I could only buy what's out there now, checks his computer then says 'Nope, your outta luck though the new 2017 Son of a gun Grey might be avaialble to order but at retail price - not a penny off.. not even a set of mats'.

I thanked him for his time and left, he followed me out to give me his card however I didn't need it.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Thanks - in those photos it looks OK, but I don't know that I'd want to pay a whole heap of money to look at a car in that colour for who knows how many years. If it was metallic I'd probably be more interested because then with some good polish and wax you could really make it look good. Flat minty green, I'm not so sure.

I'm becoming more convinced about buying a VF2 but really struggling with the likely colour options. I saw a test car yesterday in Light My Fire which is very close to the old Fusion from the VZ Monaro days. Not bad but again didn't make me think "wow, I want that". Same with Slipstream Blue, my next choice.