Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trimatic pattern 308 with T5 bellhousing pattern

Tim NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hey guys, So im looking at buying an old 308 that have been used with a T5 behind it ... it used to be a trimatic pattern but has been filled and bored to suit the T5.
Now, my question is what would the T5 bellhousing pattern be ? are there any clues in this picture ? it looks to me like it could have been changed to Turbo pattern but would really appreciate some feedback on this one as my experience with this is limited... or NIL.

Attachments

• 308 1.jpg
    308 1.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 734

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Looks like it has both holes (trimatic and turbo)
The question is, what holes does it have on the sides lower down? As the two options slightly overlap each other.

Tim NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
thanks mate, other than the dowel size are there any 'easy' identifiers on the lower holes ?
cheers

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Looks like a EFI 5.0L engine with them heads ?
Maybe someone may of had a Trimatic or powerglide behind it.
Look for the casting date on the block to tell what it is.

Tim NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hi there, Its a 308 with VN heads it was built as a spare engine for a track car so was modded from original to suit the T5 bellhousing but im not sure what the T5 pattern is ? from a bit of a hunt on the www T5 get all sorts of things in front of them including Dellow housings to suit Turbo so I may be down to the dowell size I guess but good thinking on the casting date !! (DOH !!) ill try to get them off the seller. cheers !