Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trimatic troubles

mercury2006a

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK custom
hey everyone finaly got the new heart into my vk but now im having troubles with the box i just had built

when the engine is first started and im cruising gear shifts are fairly smooth and ok but about 10-15 minutes into the drive the shifts become very hard and nasty

for instance
doing 100kmh and coming down to a round about to turn left (and no its not the angle of the turn that effects it) ill throttle down to 40kmh or so turn and sometimes the box will allmost act like a manual anywho somtimes the box will stay in third and you excelerate out and it will allmost seem to slip untill it builds up speed and your off

somtimes youll be 10-15 minutes into the trip and youll slow down to turn as i do when i come to work and the box will hold in gear longer then suddenly snap into say second with a slight shudder and we are good after that.

i havnt been under the car with it running yet to check the vac modulator but that should be ok (new box)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Take it back to the place where it got rebuilt. There is a problem with the adjustment of the bands by the sounds of it, it's ok cold, but when it warms up and the fluid thins out a bit you start having problems.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
could need a trans cooler as well, it would help.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
checked the fluid level? otherwise have tha band setting checked and a good trans cooler as mentioned above

vh_v8

Reaction score
^^^as above check the fluid. a mates car was doing something similar and it had leaked out overtime and steadily got worse.