Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trimming guards

redhot.

NA, Open Diff, Auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Just bought some 25mm wheels spacer. Fitted them on the rear and rolled and pumped my guards a little but the wheels still constantly scrub (even with the tiniest acceleration) on the flat edges that can't be rolled where the metal meets the plastic bumper and near the door as well. I've herd some people say to trim the guards but don't really how to go about it, do I just cut a little slit in it and fold it back and what? Any help would be muchly appreciated!

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
whats the purpose of the spacers?

redhot.

NA, Open Diff, Auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
For stance

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Just bought some 25mm wheels spacer. Fitted them on the rear and rolled and pumped my guards a little but the wheels still constantly scrub (even with the tiniest acceleration) on the flat edges that can't be rolled where the metal meets the plastic bumper and near the door as well. I've herd some people say to trim the guards but don't really how to go about it, do I just cut a little slit in it and fold it back and what? Any help would be muchly appreciated!

You'll need to get in there with a grinder and cut away that piece and also part if the plastic bar mount. And depending in what size rim and spring height you have, you may need to remove a section of the bar lip and plastic liner as well.

redhot.

NA, Open Diff, Auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
You'll need to get in there with a grinder and cut away that piece and also part if the plastic bar mount. And depending in what size rim and spring height you have, you may need to remove a section of the bar lip and plastic liner as well.

Thanks for the help man! Will do that when I get home

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
take the wheel spacers out. problem solved and the car doesn't look gay anymore.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i was going to say, sounds like youve created your own problem that could be solved by un###king it...