Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trip computer display backlight

woofoz2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Hi all,

Just wondering about the trip computer display backlight for my VX Exec. Holden tell me it isn't available on the exec's. So first is this true? If it is then how can I getting it working, can I just add a globe??

Cheers

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Umm well Holden don't know what they are talking about then, if you look further down this thread someone has mentioned this problem with their car. Apparently you should be able to buy a part from Holden to replace the backlight. I don't think it is terribly easy to swap just the globes out by themselves. But I am not sure, hopefully some can guide you in the right direction on your issue.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Read some of the Blue LED Dash Conversion thread a bit lower. Explains changing over all the globes in the cluster. It DOES have a backlight. Your trip computer doesn't work at night time then? *shakes head* Holden can be ********s when they just wanna get someone off the phone.

Inside and behind the cluster are holes that cluster globes can just screw into.. should be able to pick one up from Holden. Make sure you get the globe for the trip computer screen backlight though, as they are different from all the other globes in the cluster! The other globe holders have a 1cm high plastic piece that you can just screw in or out. The Trip Computer globe holder is alot smaller.

I tried to take photos of the two, but my camera phone doesn't want to focus properly today.

woofoz2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I thought it was weird, but when you ring up holden you kind of want to believe them.... Oh well guess I'll have something to do on the weekend.

Cheers

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
sometimes i think these places employ monkeys to do their work why on earth would it not have a backlight, "yep sorry you cant see how many kms you have or your fuel consumption or speed alert at night where holden we know"