Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trip computer [x] - no fault codes logged

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
I got a second hand diff put in, an LSD with 3.7's replacing the stock 3.08 open wheeler, and the mechanic used a scan tool to change the PPK value to match the new diff. The speedo and gear changes are fine but there is a small 'x' in the left window of the trip computer which the manual says is a trip computer fault. I used the diagnostics plug to check for error codes but none were logged.. anyone know why it would be showing a fault? I've also d/c'd the battery for a few minutes and the fault comes straight back.

The car is a series 2 vx calais with an L67.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
a little cross in your left window is a climate control error logged. pulling the battery and pluggging it in again will reset it. If he made a mistake of enabling climate control on ur cluster when you dont have it, it will just come back once u put car to igintion. (happened to me :( )

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
I do have climate control..

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Well then there's an error logged from your climate control. Pull the battery terminal to reset the warning. If it comes back you got a problem

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
I did pull the terminal, but it comes back on first ignition. I've been told that it's a checksum error due to changing the PPK code, i'l get it fixed when I get a tune.

Ninety3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Hey, I've just noticed the same issue with my car. It's the same, a VX II Calais L67. I have just put in an LSD with a 2.87 ratio. Original was 3.08. I haven't done anything with the computer, as I know that the speed is only out by 5-8km. Given that I have not changed anything electric I think that our diff changes must just be a coincidence. I too have climate control, so it's probably not that. Anyone else have an idea what it is?