Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trip Meter Resets on its own! VX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WK 03 - LS1
Hello,

Bloody frustrating. The trip meter in my VX Acclaim 2002 resets on its own whenever I turn the car on. Won't do it every time, but 8/10 times its back at 0.00km.

Annoying when I'm trying to watch fuel consumption any ideas? Battery terminals are fine, I had to take the dash out to install a head unit, and I had to unplug the reset/mode terminal, but it's all plugged back in correctly and all those buttons work fine, and it was doing this before I did that.

I've got the single window cluster.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Also just some quick fire questions, going on a 600km trip soon, anything out of the ordinary I should consider checking/replacing before I go? Oil has just been done. Reckon it would be worth replacing the fuel filter? Is it hard to do?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
One of mine does it randomly, be nice to know why.

sometimes once a week - sometimes once every 6 months.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Start with checking the plug /wires behind the mode switch also replace the "ENG. CONT/BCM" Fuse with new one(regardless).If no change,replace the mode switch it self..Up down buttons could be shorting.

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
Another possible cause: if the cluster looses constant power it will reset the trip meter so check connections etc.

kyled2012

I.T. Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
Might also sound dumb but check your battery. When mine was almost dead it would reset my head unit and cluster every time I started the engine haha

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
my cluster has been out a couple of times for bulbs changes so I wouldn't doubt that's the issue - also the mode switch.