Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

J

Jason

Hello Everyone

I got a VS series I Acclaim. As far as i know the acclaim doesnt have a trip computer option, anyway, mine doesnt have one.

does anyone know if its possible to fit a Tcomputer out of, say a calais or berlina?
there's Shitloads of unused wiring connections in and under the dash, it really looks as though a lot of the optional extras just plug straight in...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Sure is but you have to run a few more wires to feed the other connector that plugs into the level3 dash that has the trip computer.
I have done it to mine and it works perfectly.
You basically need the loom that feeds from the three connectors under the dash to the instruments heated window air con and hazardswitches and the glovebox light...its only a short loom.

S

scotty

Would this work on an Executive? and if so how much approx?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Yes mine was a executive......... you need to get the short dash loom out of a car that had the trip computer berlina statesman etc and solder about 10 wires from parts of it it to your original loom.
It cost me in Brisbane
250 for cluster its you might even find one with lower kms
25 for switch assembly that goes in place of speed alert
45 for loom if you can find one
You need a length of wire to run from ecm connector across dash
And a bit of patience ...................I made up a bit of a diagram after I did it so in the future I would have something to use if a fault happened.

Last edited:
J

Jason

thanks mark! ...just one of those handy little things to have...

so is it true that everything from exec thru calais, optioned or not, starts out with the same wiring? that all the looms for everything are already in place BEFORE it gets decided to turn this one into an exec, berlina, etc?

D

death-from-above

I wouldnt say ALL the looms are there but from my understanding most of them are because it saves costs in deciding what to put it and what to take out. A lot of the time the relays/sensors/etc. will need to be installed aswell but as a general guide yes the wiring is the same.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
I think that there are things like climate control maybe cruise and a few options that separate the looms from say a statesman calais to a stocko model but all the inputs are ther at the dash connectors bar the wire to the ecm that had to be run sepatately on mine.

pats1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
My son has purchased a digital VS dash and wants to put it in a VS Acclaim. You were saying you had a wiring diagram for this installation. Is it possible to get a copy off you.

stinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Executive
I was looking into the same thing (getting calais cluster + trip computer) installed into my VS Exec, but got slightly put off when quoted $380 :(