Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trouble codes keep coming back

shezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais V6
Was not sure where else to post this and it is quite the dilemma!

So here are the 3 trouble codes P0443 P0141 P0135

P0141 O2 Sensor bank 1
P0135 02 Sensor bank 2
P0433 Evaporative emissions system purge control valve circuit.

There is a bit of a sad story behind this.

A friend owns an XC Barina and her heater wasn't working. I offered to check her fuses, they were all good. There were some empty slots which I assumed were for higher spec models, though she said the mechanic was playing with it recently and on a one in a million chance, I tried moving one of her fuses at random (not knowing what was what) and of course I chose the wrong fuse it seems. I used the fuse labelled (only found out what it was after) "Power control module". I suspect that is what is causing the trouble code, but I have erased them twice now and they keep coming back. Any thoughts? The fuse looks fine and I swapped it to top it off. I am losing my head a bit.

Removing a computer related fuse while the car has ignition will set off codes, I get this. Though once it sees it is getting power and the old ones in the memory have been removed, I don't get why it still sees an issue. Can removing a fuse cause damage? I would't have thought so!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!