Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trouble finding bonnet cable. Please help me,...

HyperThinker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hey guys,

I just spent 2 hours trying to find the bonnet cable on my VT as while charging it (with alarm on, bonnet locked), i left the interior light on. Now the useless charger wont top her up enough for the locks to open from keyfob (boot opens fine, but low and behold an LPG tank!)

I've read lots of posts from people saying

" Its behind the bumper bar, below the grill " however the only cable i can see there looks loose as hell and electrical wrapped in black insulation. Its also incredibly easy to get through the removed grill.

I even took a photo, still cant figure out where im meant to be poking my coathanger / screwdriver and my arms are rat**** from trying.

The cable pic is the thing i thought might be it, but looks way too loose to be the cable... however people seem to talk in threads about removing the black outer layer so im confused.

Eeek any help would be great, i got leads coming on tuesday to try to fix the starting problem it will suck if im locked out.

Attachments

• IMG_1867.JPG
    IMG_1867.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 390
  • cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Open the door with the physical key. Alarm will go off, so before opening the door, unplug the horn behind the front bumper drivers side. But when you open the door a secondary horn will also go off, so quickly open the bonnet and the second horn is between the passenger side strut tower and the firewall, you will see it instantly and it unplugs by just pulling one of the wires straight out.

HyperThinker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
I'm trying to find the bonnet cable. I have an alarmed key, its just the ghetto kids destroyed my drivers lock. so all i need to know is where the bonnet cable is, I'm not fussed about alarm.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Hey hyper its the cable in the 1st pic that you can see in the little gap above the aircon condenser not the one on the bottom going into the hole . hope that makes sense as im **** with computers an couldnt figure out how to edit your pic.

HyperThinker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
DLFHUB666>

Thanks man! id left her charging overnight and that darned cabin light still took all the juice

I had a feeling it might be that difficult to spot one , but i dont have a good track record with cars, my first mechanical repair left a brake caliper falling off and a $300 repair bill 1 month later >.<.

Thank you!!!

** I managed to get some brick tape up and through the cable and a coat hanger, and some pliers however i cant seem to put enough force on it to pop the bonnet, so i suspect i may need to get my missus to sit on it while i pull then sit off it, like the other posts say.

**** edit 2
No wonder pulling with my arms didnt work! i tied a loop around my foot, put my full body weight on it (80kg) and pushed gently on boot lid.

No popping sounds, just sweet sweet success!

thanks!
Last resort is undo the pin, however after 20 minutes of trying yesterday i couldnt get my screwy placed in the slot.

Last edited: