Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trouble re-fitting H/U..

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guys' has anyone else had trouble re-fitting their H/U after plugging in RCA's. Im using all 3 pre-outs and have an IPOD plugged in at the back also. I've had a look as far back as the DIN slot goes, and from what i can see on the right hand side, there seems to be a piece which would be sitting up against the RCA's as the head unit goes back in. It goes in alright, but leaves an ugly gap....

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
What I did in my vp was buy 4 "Y" adapters, lobbed one side off of each one, isolating the bare tip with heatshrink. This effectively turned them into 5" extensions, so what I do is lift them all over the top of the headunit, slip it in (so much easier), bring all the rcas up from the side and plug them in up in that empty cavity above the unit.

iPod/Harness cabling lives below the headunit, RCAs above. :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
problem solved, i swapped the RCA ends around, i was using the long plug end, rather than the short but end (insert correct terminology...) i now have the 3/4 inch space behind the head unit to allow it to go all the way back:D

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Yep, or you could use right-angle adapters.