Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trouble times trying to fit vx motor to vs

"Showme"

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
Hi,fella's decided to buy a vx motor to fit to my vs wagon have changed gearbox over along with harness fitted new temp sensor,have tryed to fit to car but doesnt seem to fit do i need change the exhaust manifolds as it seems to be hitting chassis rail on passenger side is there any diff in size/shape,plz any advice would be greatly appreciated as my wife is due any day to have our baby so i need to get the car back on the road,thanks Mark.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
You need to use the VS headers. Also the VS intake manifold and plenum chamber. Also use the sensors off the VS engine too. There is something else that you have to do that i forgot... something to do with the loom i think..

"Showme"

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
Hi,thanks for the info been racking my brain on the web trying to check out others who may have done it,would you know if i can run the old compressor setup looks like i may have to change mount bracket as the vx is totally different but im not to sure,thanks.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Everything is interchangeable so as much as possible use as many VS parts as possible, as they are guaranteed to fit. I'd say yes to using the VS compressor and passenger side mount too

"Showme"

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
fixed the issue with the compressor found the brackets were different and there was a locator block with is removalable off vs block so all good there.sumps?? are they the same just found some reads up here were some were saying there different while others say there the same,outside looks they appear to look the same,thanks.