Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trouble with Torque Power manifold

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
hey guys my mechanic is having some trouble with my manifold that is currently being installed. he has put everything on but is having trouble tuning it. he says the air flow is not right and is all over the show and is getting different airflow into each port! it all confussed me a bit too much coz it was bit to take in at 8:30 in the morning.
also said that the TP dual plane manifold is mainly for carby setups which i told him was bullshit otherwise they wouldnt of drilled the injection holes!
can any1 help me? this dudes had my car for over a week now and this is me week off! i dont wanna be sitting at home on my holiday carless!

has any1 had trouble with this b4? its really starting to **** me coz i know it can be done ive seen exact same setups b4 with the 4 barrel throttle. Im thinkin of finding another mechanic but would like to know what the problem is.
manifold is a dual plane low rise, with a 2nd hand 1000cfm 4 barrel throt that looks like its in good nick. ( also mentioned there maybe a pin hole in the port of the TB thats throwing all the air off. the car runs but soon as u stabb it its ruff as hell

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the only way he could tell if there is different airflow in each port is if hes checking the plugs for colour or if hes got a wideband o2 sensor welded in each exhaust runner.is he retuning the ECU with kalmaker or something

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha hes probably just tweaking the idle screw and the dizzy trying to make it run or something theres not much he can tune without burning chips or using a kalmaker ecu LOL

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Is he a tuner or a mechanic?

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
mechanic with tuning gear went in an seen him today rekons he needs right software to do the tune "something 3" (forget now) and his only got the "something 1 version" so he has to suck up to a tuner down the road and borrow his software. he has told me if he cant get ir right he'll wack the old manifold on and drive out no charge!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
probably kalmaker streetpro 3 is the VS manual or auto cause SP3 wont work the auto

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
its manual mate. the dude does seem like a good bloke and does seem to know what his on about, u gotta understand he only opened his doors a few weeks back, his still in process of getting software for different ECU's, works solo puts up with alot of dreamers coming in talkin **** about what they wanna do to their cars when they never follow up wasting his time when he could be working on me car.

what does this kalmaker 3 software actually do?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its a full realtime tuning ecu and software so you can plug the laptop in and tune in realtime.you plug the ecu into where your one normally is tune with it then you burn the tune to a chip and put it back in the stock memcal and plug it in your ecu

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
mechanic with tuning gear went in an seen him today rekons he needs right software to do the tune "something 3" (forget now) and his only got the "something 1 version" so he has to suck up to a tuner down the road and borrow his software. he has told me if he cant get ir right he'll wack the old manifold on and drive out no charge!
Take it to someone who knows what they are doing before something gets broken.