Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trouble with Torque Power manifold

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
yer delc has spoken to him b4, he is a good dude I just dont know what to beleive no more i think i should just not stress and wait for the software to rock up

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
the guy in question does tune haltechs ,link ecu's and many other aftermarket ecu's so i gather he does know what hes doing sounds like a good chap from my corispondance with him
Yep typical wanker who can't tune kalmaker but won't say so. Slap the foamy tune and manifold on yourself and drive it elsewhere.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
^^^Exactly what i would be doing. Get him to leave the TP manifold on, go an wack Greenfoams tune in it and drive it out of that shop....Take it to someone who KNOWS how to use Kalmaker (if there is anything wrong with Greenfoams tune, which i doubt there will be much wrong).

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
^^^Exactly what i would be doing. Get him to leave the TP manifold on, go an wack Greenfoams tune in it and drive it out of that shop....Take it to someone who KNOWS how to use Kalmaker (if there is anything wrong with Greenfoams tune, which i doubt there will be much wrong).
Yeah the foamy will be pretty on the money, get them to check the AFR's and tweak a few bits and pieces.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Or if the stock injectors are still in it, just take it with the original tune and the TP on, there wont be stuff all difference at cruising revs anyway not enough to be any problem. I've done fairly similar combos before TP + 284 and TP + 286, TP + 355 + 286. This ones just TP + Crow stage 3 and LS1 injectors (similar to cream tops) I cant see where I could have gone so wrong really :S but I would like the chance to find out: P

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Isnt there usually a problem with the EGR port(?) on the TB's bleeding air? Its only on some TB's that this happens. That would explain the rough running etc. Dont know much about it but i have read its a common problem.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Or if the stock injectors are still in it, just take it with the original tune and the TP on, there wont be stuff all difference at cruising revs anyway not enough to be any problem. I've done fairly similar combos before TP + 284 and TP + 286, TP + 355 + 286. This ones just TP + Crow stage 3 and LS1 injectors (similar to cream tops) I cant see where I could have gone so wrong really :S but I would like the chance to find out: P

The "Tuner" doesnt want to be out tuned, would hurt his ego a little especially when hes got the car and you only have the specs lol

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
I would go with jason tune. Have you seen it run on jasons tune yourself or did he just say it doesn't work. I have used jasons tunes a few times on the differant setups i have had. And every time they have ran fairly close to spot on every time. I would want to see it run on jasons tune before i counted it out.
Matt.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
after over a month i got my car back from this wanker, he couldnt tune my car coz he didnt have the software so i asked him to put the stock manifold back on. managed to **** my ignition system along the way, returned my car with hose clamps missng of hoses, car overheating and pissing coolant, fed me full of stories of whats wrong with my car which were wrong. picked my car up yesterday and it died after a 10 min drive now she wont start had too truck it to a descent mechanic this time and still doesnt like too blame him self. says my car has to be the worse his seen in town. more like the worst mechanic in town....
pretty much caused me over a month of head ache, it being my only car i had to use public transport and walk everywhere, hassle other ppl to come and pick me up for work, my advice take ur car to some that has got a GOOD proven reputation