Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troys 2007 WM Statesman

mymobile

Reaction score
Nice car Troy ...

Can I ask you where you got your LED lights for the front parkers from? They look really bright and look like they light up the whole top area of the headlight assembly ... looks good.

I've tried some LED's for this spot and they don't light up the whole area that well. I noticed that you could put a strip of flexible led's inside this area but they still need to be bright ones. I can't seem to find any good enough ....

Cheers
MM

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Geez, I didn't realise I haven't updated this for a while.

HIDs are in, they are awesome. Current project is painting the engine covers but I'm not too sure what colour. I'd say they will end up the same colour as the car. I am also on the lookout for a set of Caprice dash strips so I can replace the old grandpa **** fake woodgrain looking ones.

No other real news but I think I might throw the 17's back on it for a while so I can save my 20 inch tyres.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Oh I'll keep them, I just need to get new tyres soon and the 17s have brand new ones so I might as well run them down saves wasting a full set.

I had an idea last night.. maybe do the dash strips in the same colour as the car..? Dunno... if I had access to a spare strip I would test it to see if it looks any good.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Yeah, fair enough. :) I've done it before, just makes you appreciate the mags when they go back on ;)

What colour is the caprice's trims?
Not sure what a brighter colour would go like in there, maybe a satin black or something nice and stealth looking..
Just get a bit of scrap, either cardboard, or some sort of plastic and see if your painter can paint that then hold it infront of the strips (the bits that go under the guages? does it go over the passenger side aswell? above the glove box?)
SATIN BLACK!! lol, love the stuff..

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
The Caprice trims are silver, like what is around the shifter. Dunno what I am going to do yet, I'll keep thinking about it. I don't think I'll go with black cos most of the interior is dark and I was thinking about making a feature.