Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troys 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS now with added muddy mud tyre goodness!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
So upon inspection turns out I have about 5,000 Km left on my front tyres. I'm tossing up between Cooper S/T and BF Goodrich ATs. I'll be going up a profile too as there's a lot more range on 265/70/17 than there is on 265/65/17.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
BFG's you wont look back to find half your tyre delaminated like a coopers.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
^^^ I've heard the same thing about BFGs, they delaminate and BFG won't warrant a claim.

Picking up a set of stock steel wheels on the weekend with useable highway tyres. I plan on fitting the HTs to the alloys for during the week and buying some muds or more aggressive ATs for the steelies for off-road of going to the farm. Also going to paint the steelies black so it looks like a truck lol.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
It did look neat and tidy... Until on Saturday night I went for a night cruise into the mountains with some mates and I almost ripped the plug off when I bottomed out haha. I'll probably look at cutting a hole in the bumper and fit it flush in there or work out some other way of hiding it so it won't get damaged.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
It did look neat and tidy... Until on Saturday night I went for a night cruise into the mountains with some mates and I almost ripped the plug off when I bottomed out haha. I'll probably look at cutting a hole in the bumper and fit it flush in there or work out some other way of hiding it so it won't get damaged.

Haha need that lift in ASAP then, think about how much it could save in repairs :p
But cutting the bumper would keep it very tidy too :)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Agreed, when work picks up for me and funds become more readily available I'll be fitting a snorkel and lift. I got a couple of mates who are pretty competent and confident with cars so I'll supply the beer and BBQ supplies and we can fit it all.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Agreed, when work picks up for me and funds become more readily available I'll be fitting a snorkel and lift. I got a couple of mates who are pretty competent and confident with cars so I'll supply the beer and BBQ supplies and we can fit it all.

Sounds good, how hard is it to lift a Pajero? Also how does the IFS and IRS effect it off-road, pretty severely I would guess compared to a 80/105 cruiser and a GQ/GU patrol?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yes the independent suspension will let it down off road but it should take me pretty much everywhere I want to go. A lift kit shouldn't be too hard, I think it's basically coils and struts, no fancy bushes or rods or anything. 2 inches is about the max people go using Lovells and Bilsteins and generally they don't have any issues with alignment.