Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troys 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS now with added muddy mud tyre goodness!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I think 2 inch will be sufficient, it seems to be what everyone does on the Pajero forum without having any further issues.

Picked up the steelies today, I'll get them stripped during the week and then painted. I've decided I'm going to get mud tyres for the weekends and have the set of alloys for city wheels. I don't know whether to get MTZs, KM2s or STTs though.

MICKEY%20THOMPSON%20MTZ.jpg

mud_terrain_ta_18.jpg

8_main.png

I'm actually leaning to the STTs purely based on price, they're between 80 and 100 bucks a corner cheaper.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
ive got BFG's on my 4x4 and love them perfect in the mud, sand, etc, plows through most terrrains, with no problem at all......

But yeh they are more expensive if u hold off for a bit, some months BFG has a sale on where u buy 4 tyres and they give u a free air compressor which is worth like $400......

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I got the steelies stripped of tyres today, cleaned them up and got a coat of primer on them. I should have time to get a lick of black on them tomorrow so I'll put up some pics when I get it done.

Also had a delivery today, I got pairs of yellow, red and blue filters for the lights as well as (fkin' finally) the spreader lens.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
I'd recommend chassis paint if you can, just adds a bit of strength against branches/rocks etc. scratching it. Otherwise, just give them a lick of paint when they get scratches.

What's the idea on the filters? Is it just to change the light colour for P plater respect or???

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
I didn't think of chassis paint but I've already bought some stuff so I guess it's too late now.

The blue filters are for general use, yellow for the fog in winter and red for dust.

Yeah, if you wanted you could do buy chassis paint now and do the initial spray in that and then use the other cans for touch up.

Ah that makes sense. :hit:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
We'll looks like it's going to take longer to paint the wheels now. The top coat bubbled like no tomorrow and even though it was hard it came straight off. Obviously piss poor prep produced piss poor painting. So now I'm going to strip the factory paint back to bare metal and do them again. Bugger.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I finally got around to (almost) finishing the boost gauge. All I need to do is hook it up to the lights and it's done. I'm running a whopping 18psi of boost lol.

On another note I'm back to the dealer who serviced it in late November to speak to the service manager. While I was finishing off the boost gauge I noticed I was missing a critical piece. The dipstick. Given that the dealers 'mechanic' is the only person to do work on it I think they may have some explaining to do. I'll be hitting them up an oil flush, replacement, filter change and while they are there they can also actually adjust the handbrake, and reinspect and replace the air con filter because that was also obviously missed (see picture).

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement. If I had have crossed water without the dipstick I'd imagine I would have suffered total engine failure as the sump would have filled with water and inundated the motor.

I'll post back tomorrow after I speak to them but in the mean time here is the air con filter which was apparently inspected and deemed still useable.

755B0B7A-B082-48FA-904C-69F11A5A9089_zps98nt8gak.jpg