Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troys 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS now with added muddy mud tyre goodness!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Hows the winch wired ? Is it live all the time? I recently saw the result after a set of smartarses wrapped the cable around the truck and shorted out the winch plug. I made a note to myself i'll add a contractor on any winch i wire up.

There's an inline isolator on the main power cable. I'm thinking of wiring the control box so that the power isn't active until I hit a switch on the day, that way I've got a kill switch inside in case **** happens me I need to shut the winch down instantly

Have you got the picture? I've heard of that happening many many times but I've never seen it, or even seen a picture.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Major service done last week. Engine oil, both diffs, transfer case, filters... blah blah blah. New pads still need to go in, Bendix 4x4 pads, should give a better feel under foot, something I miss from the Statesman.

No other updates but I did get a photo while it was on the hoist so you can get a decent idea of how big the bash plates are.

076ECE6E-83B9-4441-8E0A-EF0C64F1A0F3_zpsdoje0aws.jpg

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
And what is the above?

Double lockers?

If not, get double lockers, your car will be a weapon then.

^^^ Means increase in height. Pretty much all he last thing on my "must do" list. I'm going with a custom kit from Ultimate Suspension in Sydney.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
^^^ Means increase in height. Pretty much all he last thing on my "must do" list. I'm going with a custom kit from Ultimate Suspension in Sydney.

Ah Ultimate Springs, I know people that have gone with them, good stuff, but expensive.

I got a full 2" lift for my Jackaroo (mind you original torsion bars were wound up, so money saved there) but the new EFS shocks F/R and King springs (rear) installed cost $850. I personally would shop around myself, but Ultimate Suspension are good quality, so you can't go wrong.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
So here's a few of the finest inches around!

44C62C17-DF5E-4FD0-9345-49AFA78F8CA1_zpsllczfcu2.jpg

I VERY happy with the way it sits now and it feels much more comfortable on the road than the sagged factory suspension that was in it. At a guess I'd say it's gone up about 65mm over what it was but it'll likely come down slightly when it settles.