Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

truck driving jobs

DAZ60L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Ok seems to be a few truck drivers on JC. So my question is what is the best company you have worked for and why?

Mine was mayne logistics. Delivering KFC and pizza hut. At night when the shop was shut I use to turn the ovens on and cook a Daz special pizza or that my box freezer at home was full of popcorn chicken. Lol

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
So you stole from them and are admitting it on an online public forum? You've got class!

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Was finemores now toll(bought out finemore). I used to do a bit of interstate stuff but 99% of my work is shuttle so i am usually home within 14 hours of leaving. Only time i am any longer than that is when there is a breakdown/flat tyre(not allowed to change myself and no jacks etc) or when accidents bush fires/floods etc and have to detour. And the main factor is decent wages.

DAZ60L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Back in those days damaged boxes you could take home...and the store let me make a pizza as long as I cleaned up..why is there always a troll that's gotta ad his negative two cents on every light hearted topic...good work mate I was looking forward to reading posts from decent people in the industry that are on this forum about there experiences..... Lock this thread if you want ADMIN

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Untill i worked for Lidcombe ice, all my prev truck jobs were shocking (low pay, heavy manual labour, disgusting load materials with no "dirty allowance".

With Lidice, I get good pay throughout the year, and my weekly wage triples during summer with all the xtra o/t
Mostly all local multi-drops with the occasional run to muswellbrook now and then.
In a two man team which we self manage so I guess you could say we have no boss to answer to at any time.
Plus i get to retreat into minus 12 degrees in summer whenever the heats a bit too much for me!!!!

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Yeah I think the days of changing your own tyres are long gone thank god.....so finemores are now toll?

I'll be glad when it's only allowed by tyre joints.
Last month on my way south from wangi heading towards dora creek. A MR tipper heading the other way lost his near side rear wheels, first one flung into the bush on his left and when i saw it from 100m away i didn't click to what it was, 2 sec later the other wheel flew across my nose and into the bush on my side of the road, I nearly shat myself!!
Pulled over to see if the other driver was ok and he told me he only just done the nuts up on it this morning!!!
Obviously not tight enough!!! Could've killed me if i was going any faster.

This summer was a bit slow compared to last summer. Hoping the heat wave they're predicting for Feb comes true.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Yeah I think the days of changing your own tyres are long gone thank god.....so finemores are now toll?
Back about 8 years ago finemore sold his business to toll. About 3 years ago he started again. I kept working for vehicle division and still do on a casual basis, so no more loading out of elizabeth or broady but still get to drive which is what i like doing.