Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

truck driving jobs

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DAZ60L, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jatsvl

jatsvl NEEDS MORE POWER!

Members Ride:
    vl exec wagon
    NO! and NO WAY!
    I made the hole visible for all other drivers and the council, now they know where it is they can fix it at their own expense.

2. DAZ60L

DAZ60L New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS
    Yeah cowboy.... Lol another troll this forum is getting bad.

3. drewVHSS

drewVHSS Donating Member

Members Ride:
    '83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
    My friday was like this:[​IMG]

4. DAZ60L

DAZ60L New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS
    Definitely need diff locks for that

5. jatsvl

jatsvl NEEDS MORE POWER!

Members Ride:
    vl exec wagon
    as we know I now have only 4mths exp, my lob is going well, Ihad a blow out rear inner tyre a couple of weeks ago, 85kms/hr middle of no where, it can only be described as a bomb blast, unbeliveable amount of damage e.g. rear gaurd, taillights, number plate, my broom, my chute scraper in a million pieces all of the road all rear wiring for the taillights and mixer control blown apart. after clearing the road and zip tying my numberplate back on I was able to travel the remaining 10kms to the job, had to operate the mixer from inside the cab, by then support had arrived with a new tyre and I did the change but couldn't get the old tyre tread out from the inner hub it was wrapped up tight, so drove the 50ks back to the plant with the support vehicle behind me, with it dragging under the truck, arrived back without incident.

6. jatsvl

jatsvl NEEDS MORE POWER!

Members Ride:
    vl exec wagon
    if someone can help with a little info PLEASE, maybe one of the more experianced drivers here like DAZ60L.

ok, so I have made a pretty good immpression at work with the bosses and other drivers, I have been driving other trucks there when mine is out of service,
    hino 500 series, isuzu's, mitsubishi (shocker) and of course the inter acco,

they have a hino 700 series 8X4 16 spd syncro with double H pattern and splitter,
    how do you operate the gearbox in this thing?
    I may get the chance to drive it, I may not too, But I would like a little know how if the oportunity arises.
    so if you can help please do. thanks in advance.

7. drewVHSS

drewVHSS Donating Member

Members Ride:
    '83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
    is it a fuller eaton road ranger 16spd? if so, no diferent than the 8 spd in the acco mate just more gears in teh pattern

8. jatsvl

jatsvl NEEDS MORE POWER!

Members Ride:
    vl exec wagon
    no mate, I wish, it is a ZF 16spd double HH pattern with a splitter full syncromesh.
    double H as in 8 gear positions then split for another 8 gear positions,
    I think the truck is a 2007/8 model euro 4, imported from ireland.

9. I8.A4.RE

I8.A4.RE New Member

Members Ride:
    VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE

Another bad driver?

Not only did he recklessly destroy the Telstra pit lid, he failed to inform Telstra and posed a severe risk to pedestrians and other motorist.
    I guess if you or a family member were walking, put your leg down the hole and broke it, you'd be ok with it?

Pffft.

10. I8.A4.RE

I8.A4.RE New Member

Members Ride:

Why not ask the driver of the truck at your depot? Perhaps you should just ask to drive it to familiarise yourself with it rather than waiting for an opportunity.
    They're pretty basic. You get to know which gears to use and what gears aren't really needed when laden or un-laden

11. jatsvl

jatsvl NEEDS MORE POWER!

Members Ride:
    vl exec wagon
    buddy are you simple or what?
    I didn't recklessly damage anything, it was covered in gravel and dirt and NOT visible to anybody!
    as in my previous post I clearly stated, I MADE IT VISiBLE to other road users and telstra, e.g. I placed a brightly coloured sign on it and took the reomesh out and covered the hole, and if you know the location of the pit you would know there are no pedestrians there.

I asked for a little help from an experienced truck driver so I could have a little bit of a head start when/if it comes to me driving this particular vehicle.
    there is nothing basic about it! I want to know how it works and how to operate it, not just get in and #### it up.
    your input to this matter is useless as useless as a stupid car driver with no idea, and I agree A TROLL!

edit; I would ask the regular driver of the truck, But he had a stroke and is unavailable.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
  12. moggy

moggy New Member

Members Ride:
    vr executive
    Sounds like a euro box with a splitter. I regularly drive 8 speeds and they are about as hard as a 4 speed gemini to use. Over to the left is 1st to 4th you then go into neutral and pull it across towards you, there is some resistance there, and go through 5th to 8th. Sounds like you have the option of slitting each gear as well. Don't worry about the troll he will be old and lonely one day.

jatsvl likes this.
  13. I8.A4.RE

I8.A4.RE New Member

Members Ride:
    Been driving trucks and combo's a helluva lot longer than you champion.

BTW, here's a tip: Read the operators manual.

14. jatsvl

jatsvl NEEDS MORE POWER!

Members Ride:
    vl exec wagon
    I don't believe you!
    all of your terminology is incorrect for a seasoned truck driver.

moggy thanks for your input, That makes sense to me, other than the gemini bit. and yes it is a euro box.

15. moggy

moggy New Member

Members Ride:
    vr executive
    It's all good mate. The Gemini bit I ment they are as easy to dive as a old 4 speed Holden Gemini. They were a sweet little car in their day.

16. I8.A4.RE

I8.A4.RE New Member

Members Ride:

Well you're correct. I manage/operate earthmoving machinery, Concreters, profilers, road pavers.
    Lol You're just driving a shitty truck for a small concrete mob.
    As i'm in the construction all over Adelaide, I'm interested to hear who you're actually working for?

17. DAZ60L

DAZ60L New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS
    I8.A4.RE seriously your input other than trying to puff your chest out and flex your I'm a big bad blue singlet double plugger wearing cowboy truckie muscle. I repeat again TROLL. Go where you are wanted and for the gearbox config I personally reckon every truck drives different and you should drive it like you stole it. And by the end of a shift you should have it worked out. Some trucks respond well to no clutch, others you need to double shuffle..... Just make mistakes and learn. And to the TROLL no reply needed. What you have to say is significant anyway your a blip and a NAT on a Sheep's testicle...... Lol

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  18. I8.A4.RE

I8.A4.RE New Member

Members Ride:

^^ That is the worst advice i've ever heard somebody give another person. ^^

jatsvl - Ask the boss you'd like to be shown or trained in the operation of the twin-steers' 16 spd. Is there a problem with no time? or another issue from arising the issue with your boss.
    The Operators manual will have the shift pattern for the 16spd ZF box. Familiarise yourself with the gear and split stages/locations.
    (You are at least required under OHS legislation (which is currently under review before parliament) to Read it).
    Show him your keen. Pester him. Show him you want that truck as your own. Other wise you're just another payroll number.

DAZ06L - Keep on giving bad advice. Makes you sound real clever.

19. Tatiana

Tatiana Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    Bought a jeep
    This **** has gone on long enough. You kids (because you are not acting like grown men) want to bitch do it away from the forum.

If no one has anything nice to say from now on, then don't post and cut out calling each other trolls - you are all trolls at this point.

Either discuss the topic or infractions start getting hand out.

20. jatsvl

jatsvl NEEDS MORE POWER!

Members Ride:
    vl exec wagon
    exactly I have been driving the acco like I stole it, but this new truck I would hate to stuff it up. if I stuff the acco up they would have to give me a newer and better truck. I have just started clutchless gear changes and it is all going well, but the hino is full synchromesh and clutchless can only be a bad thing.

it is interesting how you have used everything That I have typed, regarding this particular truck and gearbox and twisted it to come up with this load of dribble, you have spent some time on this and I am at a loss as to why you are so intrigued?
    I have asked for help from an experianced TRUCK driver, which I am sure you are not!

although I did sway off topic previously I feel it is right to point out that I8.A4.RE is not a truck driver nor does he have anything to do within the industry,
    I don't mean to offend, and I hope this is acceptable clairbear.