Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

truck driving jobs

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
And here I was thinking about complaining about my job......in the late 90's I did my HR in an acco......the worst truck and funniest story was when I first started at a big red and white freighter company lol......they game me the yard slut truck an old s line freightliner.... It had taken me two days to realise there is another gear hiding back over to the left. So when I went from bottom box to top it would just die in the arse..... Now the funniest part is that they let me take it home and one night got a knock on the door from firefighters asking me if the pile of ash in the street was mine or not......apparently a bunch of kids stole the foam fire extinguisher off the truck and set fire to the curtains in the bunk.... But the proceeded to terrorize the neighborhood setting things on fire and putting it out with the fire extinguisher.... After that no more take trick home.

I would've paid to have seen that LOL, the only trucks i dont like are the all plastic/fibreglass semi's like western star's.
I was 100m behind one that hit the wall on the F3 last year and after the fire was put out, only things left were the chassis rails and the exhaust stack... the engine landed 250m up the road! No thanks.. I want metal around me!!!!

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
currently do farm milk pick up around western district driving singles 19 mtrs and 25 mtrs best job ever pump it on pump it off no tarps blow a tyre pick up the phone and lay the seat back and wait. pull in to tanker bay go have your break come out tanker washes have washed it .end of your shift wipe floors over wash floor mat leave it the way you find it which is spotless. fuel it up fill ice chest refill sample bottles clock off not to much hard about that. cant see myself leaving that job anytime soon.$75.000to $80.000 a year not to bad either

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
most trucks have fibreglass gaurds and bonnetts not to sure how most drivers would feel about trying to pull all steel bonnett and gaurds open to do there daily checks even some of the fibrelass one are heavy enough western stars kenworths s lines volvos all have fibrelass fronts on them all except cab overs of caurse . so unless ya talking bedfords or leylands ya not gunna find to much steel all around ya. and if ya did wont do you any good 45.5 ton single 57ton 19 mtr 68ton 25mtr all mass manage figures there . the impact would kill you anyway .just saying.

DAZ60L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Sounds like a great job.....there definitely good work out there. Just gotta get lucky and take your chances.... Biggest problem I have found is that people stay at jobs they can't stand and just become poisonous people to be around. I'm a big believer of if your not happy leave. And most of the time the next jobs usually better cause you have learned. If your a good operator there is always work.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
I drove a lot of **** trucks in my time, and currently drive a nice truck. I do all melbourne work, with the occasional trip to the borders. It's v8 mercedes actros, fully automated, the whole lot. It's like driving a nintendo with all the buttons screens etc. The thing absolutely hammers too. 560 horse power and the note this thing makes puts some of our v8s to shame. Love the adaptive cruise, the fact it'll brake itself down hills, which is especially useful coming back on western highway from adelaide, down the pentlands. Oh, and those accos, I shudder when I see one. I drove one when I started, it was a rigid flat top that just carried 20ft boxes, and it was the worst ever **** box known to man. Even empty, the thing would barely do 75, it leaked in the rain, overheated in the summer, which made the cab 10 times hotter, but you'd freeze in the winter. I'm glad I blew the motor, because they scrapped it after that.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
so how was your truck driving job today? mine was as follows.

Photo0007-Copy.jpg

I found this manhole even though it was completely covered in dirt and gravel. 1 blown tyre cross member stopped it going in any further.

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
@ jatsvl - Hope you informed council. Hope you pay for it too, cowboy.