Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trunion upgrade

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Is it worth doing a trunion upgrade on stock l77 stock ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
its always good to do that upgrade

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It's replacing a roller bearing with a brass bush imo it's worth it. I would switch to a brass bush lifter too if I owned one but I have a 304 so flat tappet for me.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ two styles of trunion upgrade, ones with roller bearings and ones with brass bushes (no rollers), both retained via circlips.

What are the differences in operation between these two styles and which of the two is better and in what way? Also why upgrade from the factory parts on a road car?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
^ two styles of trunion upgrade, ones with roller bearings and ones with brass bushes (no rollers), both retained via circlips.

What are the differences in operation between these two styles and which of the two is better and in what way? Also why upgrade from the factory parts on a road car?
In the first video not more than 15 seconds in he explains why you would want to change them.

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Has any one heard of the originals failing on a stock motor ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just remove a rocker and then pinch each side with fingers and move it through its ark and u will then feel how much slop they have, the bush ones are good as all play is gone except a little side to side which is normal, mine only had 30k on them when i changed out

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
In the first video not more than 15 seconds in he explains why you would want to change them.
Unhelpful as obviously I know what is said in the video (I posted it after all). But as they may have a vested interest in spruking such products, I wanted some forum members experiences of them.

And more importantly whether the OEM are an issue on (unmodified, stock) road driven LS3.