Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tryna make my 202 v6 vh commodore sound like a v8 without adding any extra's,

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
i know, i might as well just leave this website! Forget it ! if im just going to givin smart anwser's.

you want a 6 to sound like an 8 for free and you were given options...

if ya wanna spend some coin do this :

ok :TOP END: port & polish head and manifold match a cain 4brl with a 600 holley vac secondary(modded butterfly) and some extractors(1 & 3/4 inch primary and get them matched too), 2 and a half inch single system with a hi-flow muffler - 3 inch from the dif back, oversized chev stainless valves, titanium valve springs, roller rockers, multi point plugs, 10 mm leads with standard electronic dizzy (with the plastic gear removed and a steel one replacing it, cos at 7 grand they tend to break) oh my head was flow tested to handle 350+ horses

BOTTOM END: i had a steel crank (HP block) but get urs balanced, lightened, bored .040 acl flat top with acl rings/bearings is fine, 32/74 XU1 spec CE 631??? cam (Hydraulic), run straight cut steel timing gears, balanced balancer (not lightened - if anything get a heavier romac) shaved and balanced flywheel, heavy duty clutch behind an M20 (make sure u weld up the shifter good cos these break under abuse).

had the same setup in my VK wagon years ago with a 179 HPblock dynod 146 horses and always got asked to "pop the hood....thats not a 6" by other enthusiasts and police. RIP Anzac Avenue Redcliffe

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i know, i might as well just leave this website! Forget it ! if im just going to givin smart anwser's.

relax, brother! you gotta expect some smart arse answers on a public forum full of car enthusiasts. what i said about theory was not trying to be smart, pick up a book and read. there is no better way to lean. or at least have the book next to you while you undo stuff.

Bastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Should cut the mufflers out and just run a straight pipe with a hotdog. I had mine set up like this, sounded absolutely crazy when you planted it. Got over it but waaaay too loud. IMO the 202 sounds a **** load better than any V6s getting around with just one muffler and extractors.

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
INEQUAL LENGTH HEADERS SHOULD MAKE IT GURGLE A BIT DIFFERENTLY, THAT'S WHAT MAKES A SUBARU SOUND THE WAY THEY DO ! POSSIBLY WORK ON A V6 ?

dang caps lock ! :(

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
INEQUAL LENGTH HEADERS SHOULD MAKE IT GURGLE A BIT DIFFERENTLY, THAT'S WHAT MAKES A SUBARU SOUND THE WAY THEY DO ! POSSIBLY WORK ON A V6 ?

dang caps lock ! :(

Suburu's sound the way they do because they are a flat 4 (ie they have 2 banks of cylinders like a V8), same reason a Scubi with a big exhaust sounds like a VW Beetle - but never tell the owner that, they'll cry ;)