Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tryna make my 202 v6 vh commodore sound like a v8 without adding any extra's,

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
i was wondering to myself last night if that would be possible. ?

but then again i was thinking about make modifications to my exhaust but was still thinking is that possible because its the stock exhaust.

hmm, i dont know tell me what use think!

p.s number 6 piston is just not fireing on my old 202 motor wonder if theres away around that maybe it could have something to do with the conrod maybe it has come undone. the old 202 motor has been in the car since it left the factory soo... and that was atleast 30 odd yrs ago, so hmm, i dont know let me know what use think as to wat i should do !! i have all the time in the world to work on this car so i would like to just take things nice a slowly.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
well, to start with your 202 is not a V6, its an inline six, secondly... its not a V8, its an inline six and it will always sound like one.

they have their own distinct sound and there are a lot of people out there that like the sound of a well setup 202. a nice set of headers with a tuned exhaust system and good air cleaner will get her sounding nice.

if you have "all the time in the world" then hunt through all the old pages on here. there are loads of fun facts about your engine and what to do with it.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
yeah ok... ill check. but i didnt mean all the time in the world to sit on my ass infront of a computer id rather be under the bonnet all day then in front of a computer.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Search for soop and send him a PM, he will tell you everything you need to know. He's every experienced in this area.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
alright thankyou buddy!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
id rather be under the bonnet all day then in front of a computer.

mate. theory makes for good work practise. if you stick your head under the bonnet without knowing what you are doing, you just create more work for yourself (or the mechanic who will have to fix it) later on.

there is no harm in reading up on something for a few hours before you get stuck into it.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
no point trying to make a 6 sound like a V8. It will never happen.
Better off just making it a nice sounding 6

i beg to differ.......ive even confused police in a 179 HPblock
but if you have no money and want to make it sound like a V8 instantly - take the number 2 and 4 spark plug lead off lol

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
i beg to differ.......ive even confused police in a 179 HPblock
but if you have no money and want to make it sound like a V8 instantly - take the number 2 and 4 spark plug lead off lol

Brb, trying this out lol!