Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TTI sale

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My main sockets go up to 24 and the equivalent in imperial. But I have a deep 36mm impact socket I bought for one job from Sprint (I think) and I think I used it one time after that and haven't needed it since. It's the same one I believe they use on a Hyundai hub nut? So I was told anyway.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
My main sockets go up to 24 and the equivalent in imperial. But I have a deep 36mm impact socket I bought for one job from Sprint (I think) and I think I used it one time after that and haven't needed it since. It's the same one I believe they use on a Hyundai hub nut? So I was told anyway.

Well I have an imperial set of ratchet spanners and the 11/16 up to the 1 inch are fairly useless as the metric ones fit the imperials.
So 1 inch is 25mm and I've only used it a few times on some old cars doing suspension work.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have imperial ratchet spanners, in either Repco or Sidchrome, can't remember which brand. They are not as good as the Bahco's though IMHO. I also have Toledo stubby ratchet spanners but can't remember if they are metric or imperial. I was going to buy the set I didn't have I know that, but stripped and sold the Jeep and carved up the body and haven't required them since so never bothered. They are on my list but at around $100 for five spanners, for something that I haven't needed since I haven't worried.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well I have an imperial set of ratchet spanners and the 11/16 up to the 1 inch are fairly useless as the metric ones fit the imperials.
So 1 inch is 25mm and I've only used it a few times on some old cars doing suspension work.

You obviously don't work on older cars....The older cars you can't put a metric spanner on an imperial head...They don't fit...

You will either round the head off, or the spanner just won't fit....

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You obviously don't work on older cars....The older cars you can't put a metric spanner on an imperial head...They don't fit...
Hahahahaha you're a funny guy.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have a 3/8th drive crap (snap) on ratchet here, that has broken the pathetically narrow/short lever off....The one that allows you to change direction of the ratchet...

Spoke to a mate that has this brand of tool and his comment to me, when I got the number for the rep was, common problem with them.

My crappy super wank tool pro 3/8 drive ratchet has a thicker/longer lever than this $300+ ratchet.

So yeah, pay big bucks for quality and it's out done by cheap ass crud.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hahahahaha you're a funny guy.

Forgot.....Have you ever replaced a LIM gasket on an ecotec.....What size bolts hold the manifold down?

So there you are...Being nice and suggesting a car you are familiar with, going by your profile

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Get some magical chrome vanadium....once it's worn in correctly 11mm spanner can double duty as 12mm or 1/2' if hit on hard enough ;)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Get some magical chrome vanadium....once it's worn in correctly 11mm spanner can double duty as 12mm or 1/2' if hit on hard enough ;)

Not game with 3/8 bolts on mid 90's to mid 2000 era commodore engines, that have a known problem.....

I have old cars and I really don't feel like stuffing up bolt heads with those...1 of my cars in particular has a 1/2 nut that holds the guard in place...The only way to get to this nut is to remove the inner guard panel and use a deep reach socket, with the extension bars just sitting inside the socket...It is a mutha trucker

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Forgot.....Have you ever replaced a LIM gasket on an ecotec.....What size bolts hold the manifold down?

So there you are...Being nice and suggesting a car you are familiar with, going by your profile

Here is a list of interchangeable sizes. 14mm equals 9/16 any size bigger other than 15mm, 18mm and 20mm will line up. All the sizes smaller have issues some times 1/2 can be used as 12mm but not always.

Now **** off.